AuthorTopic: Cute li'l guy... Help animate him?  (Read 3179 times)

Offline taarna23

• View Profile

Cute li'l guy... Help animate him?

on: October 16, 2006, 10:12:28 pm

So, that's him. I think he's cute. Crit if you really want to, but what I really need is help learning how to animate it. I've been trying, and failing, but I haven't given up yet, so I thought it was high time I sought out some help. Maybe I'll find some here.

Walking, running, take your pick, I plan to work on both eventually anyhow.

Offline Androk

• View Profile

Re: Cute li'l guy... Help animate him?

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:59:04 pm
Is this in top down perspective?
She's not guarding right now, she's just holding a thing to pass along to her husband warrior and then go do the dishes and change the diapers on the snake-babies.

Offline taarna23

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:18:02 pm
Is this in top down perspective?

Yup, it is.

Offline Androk

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:37:10 pm
Yarr! You are makign the same mistake that so many people before you have x.x And here it is:

You did teh one on the RIGHT, you want the one one the LEFT. (PS: Image is not made by me, sadly I long since lost the name of the original aurthur, but it came from Graal Online Boards!)

That being said, I myself am still struggling with proper way to make that perspective, but hopefully these images will help you regardless:

AND

Not the best possible guidelines but they are the best I can provide =)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:38:50 pm by Androk »
She's not guarding right now, she's just holding a thing to pass along to her husband warrior and then go do the dishes and change the diapers on the snake-babies.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 12:05:01 am
Yes, if this is top down he should not be looking up - that is, at the viewer. Think of this: When you're on top of a building looking down, people don't look as though they're lying flat on their backs do they? Nay, you see the tops of their heads, which are blocking out a large portion of their bodies. Take that into account when making top-down images.