AuthorTopic: [Feedback][WIP-ish] A pixel pug  (Read 5831 times)

Offline Shacks

• View Profile

[Feedback][WIP-ish] A pixel pug

on: January 10, 2017, 03:54:00 pm
This is my second piece of pixel art that I made in Photoshop. It's for an emoji on Twitch. I'm looking for any feedback to make it better. Thank you.

Offline RunninBlood

• @RunninBlood
    • RunninBlood
    • View Profile

Re: [Feedback][WIP-ish] A pixel pug

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 04:26:36 pm
Firstly, looks pretty good!
Here are the things I would change:

Slighty decrease the brightness of the lighting on the head
apply shading on the nose/ears/tongue and the greay part around his eyes

Hope this makes it look better, and goodluck!

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:55:16 pm
Hey,

Scaling this up manually (and nonuniformly) really took its toll on the the pixel accuracy. No more even squares. (not needed on this forum either, we have on-click zoom features)
After scaling it down to what seems to be its accurate scale it is still bigger than 28x28, which is the allowed twitch emote resolution.
Also test your emote on both the dark and bright twitch chat color themes to make sure it looks good on both.

Offline Shacks

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 10:21:27 pm
Firstly, looks pretty good!
Here are the things I would change:

Slighty decrease the brightness of the lighting on the head
apply shading on the nose/ears/tongue and the greay part around his eyes

Hope this makes it look better, and goodluck!

Thanks, I will try that, but when you say to add shading to the tongue, what exactly do you mean? Like make the darker pink more dark?

Offline Shacks

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 10:22:29 pm
Hey,

Scaling this up manually (and nonuniformly) really took its toll on the the pixel accuracy. No more even squares. (not needed on this forum either, we have on-click zoom features)
After scaling it down to what seems to be its accurate scale it is still bigger than 28x28, which is the allowed twitch emote resolution.
Also test your emote on both the dark and bright twitch chat color themes to make sure it looks good on both.

I made it 500x500 to post on here. I'm using Better Twitch TV and the scale size for emojis is 112x112.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 10:35:51 pm
I made it 500x500 to post on here. I'm using Better Twitch TV and the scale size for emojis is 112x112.
Quote from: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE!
One more thing to keep in mind: Pixelation comes with a zoom feature on all images inserted using the img tag. Click to zoom, shift/ctrl click to reduce zoom level by one, alt click to reset zoom. Please make use of it, and save your images at 100% zoom if it's not absolutely intended to be viewed at a higher zoom level.
Nobody's going to make any edits for you if you insist on making it harder than necessary to do so.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:39:32 pm by surt »

Offline Shacks

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 02:41:47 am
Quote from: READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE!
One more thing to keep in mind: Pixelation comes with a zoom feature on all images inserted using the img tag. Click to zoom, shift/ctrl click to reduce zoom level by one, alt click to reset zoom. Please make use of it, and save your images at 100% zoom if it's not absolutely intended to be viewed at a higher zoom level.
Nobody's going to make any edits for you if you insist on making it harder than necessary to do so.

Ok, well I wasn't asking anyone to do any editing for me. I'm only looking for feedback to make it better myself. Now if the size I made it somehow stops people from being able to reply, then I guess I'll just have to repost it.

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 04:31:39 am
It takes only a few minutes to scale it down and edit it back into the main post  :y:! Regardless of the size thing, here are some thoughts (mostly cluster stuff):

PS: There were a lot (read: a lot) of very very very similar colors. I did my best in removing the ones I could find.

Offline Shacks

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 05:07:48 am
It takes only a few minutes to scale it down and edit it back into the main post  :y:! Regardless of the size thing, here are some thoughts (mostly cluster stuff):

PS: There were a lot (read: a lot) of very very very similar colors. I did my best in removing the ones I could find.

Wow, that's really nice, thank you. How did you do that? lol

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 06:57:20 am
I outsourced the reply since I don't really know how to answer that question.

he just has such a way with words
pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299&PID=139320#139320

I would have just said I drew some stuff that I thought looked good (which, while it is true, is not very helpful)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:59:30 am by yaomon17 »