AuthorTopic: some new stuff  (Read 9702 times)

Offline Kennethfejer

• View Profile

Re: some new stuff

Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 12:59:45 pm
thanks all  :D

vedsten:
f. great! that haunted swamp is :y: :y: :y:, vivid colors, top design (espc. the trees) and lovely creatures. What really does it for me though is, that everytime i see one of your mockups i can picture the actual game and wanna play it
thanks, im glad you think that.
that's the thing i aim for : )

Xion Night:
yeah, it looks like i placed the layer with the water ripples above the tree layer, its an easy fix.

faceless:
yeah i think you are right, might need to have a look at the dudes legs and shadow again.

instant

Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 08:54:15 pm
Lovely. My only crit is that it took me a second look to notice that there was a character on the screen. I suggest more contrast on the protagonist at least.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 08:57:24 pm
I suggest you stop making stuff so good that it makes me regret having ever pushed pixels together >.<

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 09:35:32 pm
Just a quick edit on the cellphone girl, her far boob was bugging me, it's not right yet but you get the idea I imagine. I fiddled around with just about everything else some too, ignore all that, I just can't leave well enough alone.

Other than that, great work!

Offline Kyle

• Balla
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 11:00:01 pm
Well my only crit is on the meters at the top. The MP meter is at 8/25, yet is more than half full.  :P

Offline CrematedPumpkin

• Lord of the Fjord
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 01:13:12 am
Well my only crit is on the meters at the top. The MP meter is at 8/25, yet is more than half full.  :P
So desperate to find a mistake  :P.
Hmm...I can't find anything to crit either...
Was that swamp at all inspired by WoW? All of the meters, including the pet meter are the same in overall design. Very nice.
I.....am......me............

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 08:54:50 am
Now this here is the reason I joined here in the first place.

Love those trees. Very Boktai come to think of it. Ah well, instead of all the praise babble I could be doing: Critique time.

The only things bothering me a bit here is the sword and shield. On the shield, the lighter line that goes through the middle does not give me the idea that it's juts light reflection but rather that it's a metal plate that stands out. The line also makes the edge to the left merge with the rest of the character. Maybe you could use more of a single colour to make it stand out more. For the sword, it merges with the background a bit. this could just be coincidence i placement, but it's also got a thick, dark outline that stays the same around the whole shape. If you for example add a white edge on one side, it would be easier to see the blade itself.

Tried an edit:

Used Faceless' edit.
The shield here isn't exactly perfect here, but this is just one of the tests. Using the darker or lighter colour for the whole front and not just the bottom or top also worked, but I'll need to look more into it.

As for the girl, I think she's taken care of. Nothing more to report thus far.

Keep it up  :y:

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 01:45:34 pm
I really like this two pics, could be pretty good play an RPG with that sprites. Did you draw it all from zero or take something as reference? The only critic i can make is the sword, i can't understand it well, maybe because the color is nearly to the background and merges with it.
The girl is perfect!
Have a nice day!

Offline Kennethfejer

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 03:21:18 pm
thanks again for all the comments :)

Pawige:
yeah, you are right about her boob, will need to fix that.
btw, i really like the way you shaded her pants, its kind of fun to see how other people would shade my character, usually i stick to a very flat look, just because i like that, but i really like your edit  :y:

CrematedPumpkin:
the exp panel on the bottom of the screen was inspired by wow, but the rest isn't, at least not that i know of :)

Kyle:
hehe good point ;)

snake:
yeah the sword blends in with the bg a bit.
the mockup is actually a composite of 5 other mockups i had lying around on my harddisk, so yeah there are a few things, like the sword that dosent go that well together.
the light reflection on the sheild, was actually ment to be a metal plate, but i actually like your edit better, i think im going to have a look at it again, maybe i'll add some kind of emblem on sheild as well.
thanks for the edit  :y:

oh and heres a little teaser for a mockup im working on.

should be pretty obvious what game it is :)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 03:24:22 pm by Kennethfejer »

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 06:16:59 pm
I love river city ransom.

Great works, all of them.

Keep it up Kenneth, you never cease to amaze.
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.