AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 402259 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #1100 on: August 22, 2007, 01:52:28 pm
Yeah the big difference between the two pieces is that yours looks good and mine looks awkward :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1101 on: August 23, 2007, 08:19:09 am
one of the first times ive been completely satisfied with a piece. i spent 7 hours on this. are some parts over rendered? yes. are there things that need fixing? yes. But for once i can look at this and say i did my best on something. the photo doesnt do it justice at all though :/

im happy, it feels good to be so satisfied with a piece.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #1102 on: August 23, 2007, 11:41:06 am
Wow Ryumaru, that is really sweet. The arm is ink? anyways a nice mix of your usual demon stuff, with a self portrait thing.. at least I assume it's a self portrait because it looks like you...
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #1103 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:21 pm
lol, some parts might be underendered in comparison to everything else- but I love this and I'm glad you're satisfied Ryu :)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #1104 on: August 24, 2007, 12:08:49 am
Mallor: yes its a self portrait, the arm is prismacolor pencil. the dark portion to the bottom right is aswell but i mashed too hard with the pencil so instead of black i got a shiny silver color that refrlects light.
gliding: hah, thanks man. : D

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #1105 on: August 24, 2007, 05:17:45 pm
Hay guys... I don't know how many people still visit pixelation that I would know... but if they are here... Nice to see you again.  One of the most frustrating things for me lately has been the lack of time to draw... particularly pixel.  Being a member here, years ago, I honed my skills and really improved and stretched myself to become a better artists... not just pixel artist.  I've had some tough time finding work, but hopefully it will pick up.  In the mean time, a friend contracted me to do a comic book piece about their wedding... since her husband loved comics.  I obliged since it was a chance to push myself to find time to draw.  It was a bit rushed for time... but I was really happy with how it turned out.  When I was done, I stepped back and noticed a lot of anatomical issues I didn't like (Breasts, some facial features)... but regardless... it was the first time in a long while that I attempted a piece this big (17x22).  It is just ink on paper.

http://action.mancubus.net/files/weddingcomic.jpg

I always got really good critiques on Pixelation... which is why I always came back :P  Tear it up... but do note that it's not going to be changed... but I will note it for further study.
Glub Glub!

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #1106 on: August 25, 2007, 09:08:11 am
Suddenly, ninjas!

I love that. A wedding with ninjas and guns and swords. Can't put more love than that in a single room. I'm afraid I can't tear it up much, though, the only thing I noticed was the stuff you already mentioned (anatomy mostly). But hey, it's good to see you again, I kinda end up missing your... zany... scubaness...

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #1107 on: August 26, 2007, 11:08:06 am
I love that comic page steve. Also Ryumaru you did awesome job with that picture.
Anyways here is a sketch that is a part of series I did. Subject is "Teror"

Offline Sampe

• View Profile

Reply #1108 on: August 26, 2007, 04:34:27 pm
Looking good, Silver, but the arms are way too small. :o

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #1109 on: August 27, 2007, 10:06:23 am
Yeah. I noticed that but I cant fix it now since it's a black pen sketche  :blind:
Thanks anyway.