AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 398124 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #990 on: July 23, 2007, 04:07:08 pm
:o !!!!
I like them all! Especially the squidman and robot.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #991 on: July 25, 2007, 02:32:57 am
Gotta love girlie mags.

Trivia: This model (Bianca Sutton) was also prominently featured in a magazine called SNAP! - "Where the girls don't have joints".

ptoing: I second Xion, squidman and robot are just too cool.

Offline Lmnop

• View Profile

Reply #992 on: July 30, 2007, 10:59:50 am
@HMC :i love the way you rendered that, very nice.
@Ptoing: awesome pencil work, favourite is the robot.
@Junkboy: amazing as always. really digging the face and hair.
Everyone else i didnt mention: Some great stuff in this thread keep it up.

Now just something quick that came about doodling in oC.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #993 on: August 01, 2007, 02:20:47 am
Havent been posting much since the loss of my camera and color scnning, but I have a rare work of mine that was both small enough for the scanner and could be achieved in grayscale, the only channel which still functions.

Here is the preparatory work for the central figure in a current painting.  It is realized in pencil over a ground (2 parts guesso 1 part acryllic), the color of which i approximated using photoshop.

Scene : I Samuel 15:33
"And Samuel said, As thy sword hath made women childless, so shall thy mother be childless among women. And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before Jehovah in Gilgal."
Symbols : Surprisingly few so far, split into a little dichotomoy:
The wretchedness of the Amalek?
The first stroke has blinded Agag, blinding being considered a punishment of God for sin.  Agag is turned away from the light of the Lord, representing his separation from the children of Israel.  He covers his eyes with his left hand, the hand used to wipe oneself in the days before toilet paper, to represent his impurity.
The wickedness of Samuel?
Agag is naked and unarmed, and makes no effort to protect himself.  He falls onto a white cloth representing the lightweight innocence with which he lived and approached samuel "pinned down" by the viciousness of his death.
My hope is that the scene will be open enough to be interpreted either way.

Known issues - his right (our left) flank and shoulder needs to be reworked from the breast up.  Also, his left hip needs to be defined a little differently.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #994 on: August 01, 2007, 07:21:50 am
WiP

quick character. needs a lot of work...

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #995 on: August 01, 2007, 01:56:12 pm
Athough the design is nice, there's something a little awkward about her anatomy.  Mostly, the gap between the legs seems a bit too large, and her hip bones have been removed from the front and rear versions, leaving just a strange connecting line between the ribs and the femur.  The breasts seem a little too simplified as orbs, too, and I worry about the way the top is stretching - remember that every line shows a balance or an inbalance.  Is the curve of her right breast really that much lower than the left that all those lines need to point down?

I know that you have your style, but I think you can work within that to create a more accurate and functional woman's body.  it's just a little too awkward right now with her really lacking structure in some key areas.  Since getting noticed can make or break a designer, let it be because your designs and style are good, not because your anatomy is confusing.
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #996 on: August 02, 2007, 12:41:46 am
very nice, that does look much better. thanks so much for the crit, very helpful. heh, i should ease up stylizing, til i get a better understanding of the female form.

thanks again Adarias

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #997 on: August 02, 2007, 02:45:33 am
I should point out that if i didn't have your already very good design to work from I wouldnt have been able to just drop those lines in without some serious thought :P
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #998 on: August 03, 2007, 05:33:46 am
I got Zbrush :crazy:
It is one sexy program!
First piece decided to go for a face study, not that happy with it as it isn't as generic a face I would have liked. I just found the file which I had thought was saved wrong :P. Experimenting with new programs is always fun.

My second piece another face study about an hour for this one

This was my 3rd experimentation with the program it would have been about an hour for the low res then maybe 30mins for the high res details (Zbrush has a brush system with alphas making 3d texturing=supa sxc). Just as I finished the low res I found out that the brushes not only have a add function but a subtract function. I knew it was in there somewhere but couldn't find it and it REALLY helps. Faster working for me now.

View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #999 on: August 03, 2007, 06:28:26 am
Hey Zeid, that last one is awesome. A bit frightening, though.
First one looks great, too.
Second one..that is the strangest ear I've ever seen. Also, a smushed nose and what seems to be strange, pokey-outy lips, (though I cannot be sure) and in general sort of a baby-ish face.

Splat: I always love seeing new stuff from you. I wish you weren't so lazy though, sometimes.

Adarias: Why are you so beastly?