AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 398226 times)

Offline Checkworth

• View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #650 on: April 08, 2007, 12:17:46 am
*holds breath*

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #651 on: April 08, 2007, 06:45:44 pm

Conceptart in all it's overlit simplified glory.  Aside from that though i think i actually got passable proportions on an unplanned piece, so im happy about that.

happy easter all
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #652 on: April 08, 2007, 06:53:50 pm
I like how the armour mixes some medieval-esque plating with a more formal, almost british looking, coat uniform. The head seems big to me for some reason. Either that or his shoulders are too narrow. It's really cool though.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #653 on: April 08, 2007, 08:02:19 pm

EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #654 on: April 08, 2007, 11:02:00 pm

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #655 on: April 09, 2007, 03:11:46 am
I like how the armour mixes some medieval-esque plating with a more formal, almost british looking, coat uniform.

Yeah, that's kinda the look i was going for.  Hes going to be a character in Partisan, an emissary from Imperial Ganymede who might join your entourage if the king deems you worthy.  Ganymede is a germanobritish nation that mixes wealth and pomp with excessive militarism and imperialism.  My goal was to create a uniform that reflected not only the culture, but the circumstances.  The armor is slightly functional, though not really..  Ganymede is often at odds with the franco-celtic Potagic Isles where the game takes place, uniting only when greco-persian Circeny and white-african Dalaby threaten them.  The other nation mentioned in the story is the slavic Szabier, which is Ganymede's only real rival as a land power.  Hopefully, through the course of the game, we can create cultures which are deep and believeable enough so that the character can really get a sense of where each character comes from.  It's easy to make a backstory, harder though to work it into the plot without diverting attention from the main story.

Zach - i like your drawings, particularly the last page, i only wish i could make at least heads (if not tails) of the first one.
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #656 on: April 09, 2007, 03:25:34 am
It's easy to make a backstory, harder though to work it into the plot without diverting attention from the main story.

Quite. Final Fantasy Tactics kind of lost my attention when it goes through the scenes that are just a bunch of text explaining the background of the entire war and so on, however, they did a good job of incorperating enough of it into the actual game dialog to keep it from seeming like watching a fictional documentary on the history channel.

The medieval RPG cliche is something that can often be left really shallowed out by game developers. I like a little meat in the background so the plot actually has some meaning. Your's sounds really interesting.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #657 on: April 10, 2007, 01:09:52 am

today's adventure - trying to animate a goofy gorilla-like robot loping through what would be most likely snad or jungle.  very basic sketch so far but more sucessful that i expected.

the bopping right leg/dragging left leg is based on my own walk patterns, so if appears uneven in that one sense, it's meant to.

firefox appears to hate my framerates, that's odd
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:59:15 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #658 on: April 10, 2007, 01:13:42 am
adarias- it's just randomness, I'm trying to fill up my sketchbook pages more, but also trying to get a sense of composition, somewhat...
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #659 on: April 10, 2007, 03:57:20 am
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.