AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 398133 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #580 on: March 30, 2007, 02:08:34 am
cool stuff sherm,

inspired me to post a few of my own modest experiements with ink - realised i never really got feedback on them.  done a few months ago and i was really interested in pursuing the style but exams/applications popped up...

A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #581 on: March 30, 2007, 03:48:53 am
Ooo, I like.
But what's up with the light grey layered ontop of the blackish brown?
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #582 on: March 30, 2007, 06:20:08 am
if you find drawing humans boring you can't be doing it right :-X
If i "do it right" in your perspective with a routine that's supposed to make me feel satisfied and happy, that would backfire horribly and make me hate this hobby already because i gave in to peer pressure. From what i see, "do it right" is more suitable for learning routines. Surely i can't be that fussy as to what i want to learn... I thought i moved on from that phase.
nah i didn't mean do it right as in you must have been drawing them incorrectly. anyway. its not really important. do watchu wanna as long as you're happy with what you're doing.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #583 on: March 30, 2007, 08:07:33 am
nonononononono

"Stop drawing this shit", i know. If it makes everybody happy, the next thing i'll post is a bunch of normal, generic and unamazing humans.
Eh? Amazing? A fat bird girl thingy? Doesn't seem very amazing to me to be honest....
Of course they can be amazing, but a guy that can use lightning to defeat enemies is amazing, a guy that can turn in to fire is amazing, and not generic, not that fat bird thing.

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #584 on: March 30, 2007, 09:33:10 am
Of course they can be amazing, but a guy that can use lightning to defeat enemies is amazing, a guy that can turn in to fire is amazing, and not generic, not that fat bird thing.

That's if you see them doing it in reality, and not in fiction.

Did you even look at her face properly? Or were you put off by her appearance that you just looked at her for 3 seconds?
"I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T -- I mean S-M-A-R-T!!"

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #585 on: March 30, 2007, 03:37:43 pm
Sorry but,
Don't most people like furries have a sexual attraction to animals?
I read it on Wiki.
But it is probaly some guy messing it up.

But, I think you should draw something "real" and not a human dog.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #586 on: March 30, 2007, 04:07:15 pm
Uhm. No, Rerg1. I think you're confusing the sexual fetish "furries" where people actually dress up as furry animals and, ahem, fornicate. Weird, but shockingly true.

What Digitaldust is doing, is actually not out of the ordinary at all. In fact, that's what turns me off about it. It's been done a billion times(cough*deviantart*cough). In my personal opinion, I think his art is fairly good. The only problem is his subject matter. It's just not for me, as I respect the older dedicated practice of learning from LIFE, and not fiction. I'd rather life studies came first, then fiction second. Of course, as been said before, it can most definitely work the other way around, but I feel learning from life is one of the biggest rewards art can give to learners of the form. I hope you don't think we're attacking you, Digitaldust. That's not it at all. I just feel that the large "anthro" creatures that you've submitted thus far, aren't the norm at this specific web site. There have been a couple as wips, but not too many. If that's your bag, then have at it, Hoss. It's your art, and no one can decide what you want to draw. Just saying that it probably won't be received too well, or that often here.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, and it does not reflect any other of the forum's opinion...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 05:33:58 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #587 on: March 30, 2007, 05:07:21 pm
No, you're right. I should've been prepared for all the glaring whenever i pull of this kind of stunt i've known for years.

To tell you the truth, i'm irate at myself for having to cause self-humiliation with my more reactionary replies. I wasn't supposed to even react like this, as i've done in other places, but apparently i just blew years of effort in creating willpower in minutes.

This is my fault. I should just take responsibility, get the fuck over it, and decide what i should do next.  !yus!

... And yes, i know already how indispensable observations from reality is. In fact, that's where i get most of my ideas. Maybe i can't rack up $300 for a 3 week short course in 60 seconds and not a permanent course since i was kicked out and blacklisted from every school before the end of my 10th grade, but i can make up for all that by going outside and look at the world with my distorted eyes.
"I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T -- I mean S-M-A-R-T!!"

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #588 on: March 31, 2007, 06:51:30 am
some indie devs are asking for mockups of what people want to see on the DS, so I made two mockups for a *game* I'd name ClouDS (love those puns)

pretty simple to understand, and not much to it, but its what I want :P
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #589 on: March 31, 2007, 08:04:43 am
some indie devs are asking for mockups of what people want to see on the DS, so I made two mockups for a *game* I'd name ClouDS (love those puns)

pretty simple to understand, and not much to it, but its what I want :P
Oh! Oh! I totally want to know where I could submit one. I really want to see a Zelda style game where you almost always use projectiles, and aim with the stylus. Zelda shoot 'em up game. I guess.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)