AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 398216 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #570 on: March 29, 2007, 03:15:28 pm
I like it.

I find it irksome that I'm always way more productive with things that I don't HAVE to do.

I am the same and I think many people are really :D
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #571 on: March 29, 2007, 03:44:53 pm
I like it.

I find it irksome that I'm always way more productive with things that I don't HAVE to do.

I am the same and I think many people are really :D

Ditto...and on top of that, the busier I am with a real, mandatory project the more ideas I have for other, unpaid, probably less useful projects.  I think it has something to do with your active, front, mechanical brain being occupied, leaving your raving, lunatic subconscious free to really explore.  Unfortunately, when your subconscious DOES find something, it usually sits there and pesters your front, awake brain until you start paying attention to it.  Then your deadlines start to slide...

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #572 on: March 29, 2007, 03:54:31 pm
   Heh, I thought I was the only one whose procrastination led to a giant increase in uneeded, artistic creativity. Every time I had a 4-5 page essay to write, I'd just sit at my work station and start doodling. Then the doodling led to drawing. Then the drawing led to detailing. Then, I'd finally decided to clean up my room. "Hmm, for some reason, I really feel like playing basketball today, despite the fact that I suck so bad at it...(calls friends)" After my educational hiatus, I finally realize that I have less than 30% of the given time frame to finish my report/essay.
   I'm a lazy, last minute bastardo, what can I say...

@Miascugh: That's great! It's arms remind me of the cartoon character on Adult Swim "Big-O." Or at least that's what first came to mind, when viewing the speed paint. It's ASSome.
my back hurts...

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #573 on: March 29, 2007, 03:55:58 pm
if you find drawing humans boring you can't be doing it right :-X

If i "do it right" in your perspective with a routine that's supposed to make me feel satisfied and happy, that would backfire horribly and make me hate this hobby already because i gave in to peer pressure. From what i see, "do it right" is more suitable for learning routines. Surely i can't be that fussy as to what i want to learn... I thought i moved on from that phase.

Speaking of which, I need to draw more.
"I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T -- I mean S-M-A-R-T!!"

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #574 on: March 29, 2007, 05:04:04 pm
Well I guess the question here is, WHY do you draw and WHERE do you wanna go with it? Do you do it as a hobby and just that or do you want to work professionally. If the former, fine. If the latter, proper foundation and basics would be a good thing to solidify.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #575 on: March 29, 2007, 05:15:06 pm
Well I guess the question here is, WHY do you draw and WHERE do you wanna go with it? Do you do it as a hobby and just that or do you want to work professionally. If the former, fine. If the latter, proper foundation and basics would be a good thing to solidify.

WHY

Hobby.

WHERE

Mostly just for fun. The rest is in fate's hands.

HOBBY OR PROFESSION

Hobby, already answered.

If i wast to make an income out of it, i'd go for a street gallery.
"I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T -- I mean S-M-A-R-T!!"

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #576 on: March 29, 2007, 07:48:52 pm

WHY

Hobby.

WHERE

Mostly just for fun. The rest is in fate's hands.

HOBBY OR PROFESSION

Hobby, already answered.

If i wast to make an income out of it, i'd go for a street gallery.

If it's of any meaning, I like your drawings. I may not prefer the subject matter, but they are interesting to look at. i've heard it put this way before: "you have to know the rules before you can break them." If you have a grasp on anatomy, why not? Not hurting anybody, really. Aren't we all furries at heart? (... well, no, but...)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #577 on: March 29, 2007, 10:11:19 pm
What I'm wondering is why you are posting these here. I haven't seen a single piece of pixel art from you. I guess I'd like to see some pixeled pieces before you start posting stuff in the creativity thread. But, that's just me perhaps...

Offline Fry

• westenfry
    • View Profile
    • Westen Fry Portfolio

Reply #578 on: March 29, 2007, 10:22:32 pm
Thought i'd share some of my non-pixel work.  Most of this is fairly older stuff i did with my tablet.

I need to buy a scanner.

-Fry

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #579 on: March 30, 2007, 12:56:47 am

Comic done entirely in ink :D!

I'm not sure I like the 4th and 5th panel. 4th one is screwed up pretty badly because I made it too dark when it's supposed to be the person from the third panel, and 5th panel's readability sucks.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)