AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 398090 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #560 on: March 28, 2007, 05:03:39 am
what's with the feline nose?

also BOB, anthropomorphic and androgynous... did you mix them up? My problem isn't animals with human qualities, it's that furry art usually is CARTOON animals with human qualities, specifically genitalia and such. It just has a strongly perverse (not the type of perversion I enjoy) quality to it, sort of like Bugs Bunny getting fucked.

Human-animal beings like centaurs or whatnot I have no problem with.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 05:07:23 am by Helm »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #561 on: March 28, 2007, 05:26:32 am
   Heh, no, I know the difference between the two. It's just, when he first posted the big, buff...lady-creature(?), I couldn't tell whether or not it was a male or female. I know that Anthropomorphic is where people create pieces/creatures that contain human qualities. The whole furry thing is just NOT my bag though. If it's his, than that's just fine. Maybe more people here enjoy it more than I expected. I don't really know.(hope that makes sense)
   And yes, I also noticed Ken's nose was a bit jacked, while Ryu's nose is more normal. Also, there is a lock of blond hair that is seemingly magical enough to disappear behind his prominant, japanese featured eyes.  :P ( That always did annoy me, when Anime artists would place sets of eyes and Gigantic eyebrows over hair. I guess it gives a better sense of emotion, when the viewer has more visual access to the eyes or something. I still don't like it though.)
my back hurts...

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #562 on: March 28, 2007, 05:32:51 am
yeah, there are quite a lot of bizarre proportions and anatomy that becomes much more apparent when shrunk down and observed all at once, I will fix things up once I buy some nice acrylics and brushes
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #563 on: March 28, 2007, 10:09:32 pm
Eh a 3 minute skecth to get used to my new tablet (wooot!) 1x1 brush used.....shoulda used 3x3 :yell:

I need to work on my signeture.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline digitaldust

• shoopus maaaah woopus
    • View Profile
    • LOLFURRIES

Reply #564 on: March 29, 2007, 02:47:48 am
what would be wrong with drawing a small-breasted human gypsy-girl?  the DD furry thing is what throws my stomach into a spin.  Your subject can be unique, exotic and even attractive without the strange animal sex vibe.

I feel that drawing humans all the time gets boring, because i feel i already know how to make an ordinary figure look decent enough. The only reason why i draw kemono is because, 1) I want at least a bit more variety in what i draw. 2) 95% of furries tend to lack creativity in making kemono looking at least a bit more decent than just a fox with ponytails wearing gaudy brown leather armor and a 2 foot sword and shield (nothing personal). I wish for them to look like designs made by a protege of someone like Hyung-Tae Kim (IOW "WOW THIS SHIT IS AWESOME WHAT ACID DID YOU TAKE TODAY??"), but since i can't be selfish and constantly rely on japanese furries to come up with that, i took up the opportunity of doing such a thing myself, while i continuously study and observe anything i find useful in reality.

In short words, this is just a hobby for me.

I'd try breaking out of old habits, and trying new concepts, not necessarily boring, human, anatomy. You seem to have a good grip on dynamic poses, try it on something else...

I already have been. I make concept designs in my free time, regardless of subject theme.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 02:54:12 am by digitaldust »
"I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T -- I mean S-M-A-R-T!!"

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #565 on: March 29, 2007, 07:41:10 am
Regarding the non-drawing of humans... I find them incredibly boring nowdays. (To draw, not to look at.) I am completely spoiled with the added variety of tails, ears and fur color. Also, there's some nifty symbolism going on whenever my white fox shows up. But I guess I'm the only one who could understand that.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #566 on: March 29, 2007, 08:37:12 am
if you find drawing humans boring you can't be doing it right :-X
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #567 on: March 29, 2007, 11:55:59 am
if you find drawing humans boring you can't be doing it right :-X

haha, word. Lifedrawing is superawesome.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #568 on: March 29, 2007, 01:53:52 pm
Thanks for the great help ptoing, Helm, Adarias. You have definitely given me some good duidelines and ideas for the next time I try out different perspectives. I've never taken classes for drawing (except for the obligatory art classes in school), so I've mostly just tried (or not tried) to draw perspective ...from my head, or using references. That's why I could really use some help and regular practise. Though, I was in a rush to finish the piece I posted, or I would have asked for c&c on it before I inked it. But I'll keep all your comments in mind for the next thing I draw! :-*

ptoing: You posted some really helpful guidelines and links there. I can obviously see now where I've done errors (it's so easy to get blind for errors when you work on a piece). Bookmarked the links for future reference too.

Helm: Great input there about comic storytelling and the use of dramatic perspective. I'll keep it in mind. I'm about to try and learn to draw comics, so I could really need some help with that. It is nice to see some of your older works too :)

Thanks again, guys!

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #569 on: March 29, 2007, 02:35:29 pm

A relaxation piece, something just for fun. The design is silly, I know.

I find it irksome that I'm always way more productive with things that I don't HAVE to do.