AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 398101 times)

Offline poingo

• :B
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #500 on: March 19, 2007, 10:08:27 pm
I'm lovin those sketches huZba! I've been waiting for more since your Batfird! The style is awesome... I hope you get around to pixeling the other two. :D
The above post may not be helpful at all, as the author usually has no idea what he is talking about.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #501 on: March 19, 2007, 10:22:37 pm
Lawrence, I demand you finish that pixel one. I have not even seen the latest rendition before now! :D
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #502 on: March 20, 2007, 12:23:04 am

current project in art class, 'draw a distorted picture of yourself'.

god i'm fucking sick of doing self portraits, i feel as though i'm coming off as conceited.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #503 on: March 20, 2007, 01:56:47 am
@Adarias: Aahh, very nice. It has some old school appeal. Some issues though. It looks as if realism was attempted in the sketch. If so, either the body is too small, or the thigh/legs are too long. For me, the breasts/pecs are sagged a wee bit low. In fact, it looks sort of feminine to me. Not to mention his left hand seems a bit tiny. I'm no anatomy expert, but if this is a male, than there is still work to be done. If female, there is little, but I still wouldn't call it done.

yeah, there are definately some things i need to redraw in the sketch, particularly that right leg that got stretched.  I accidentally moved his waist up which lengthened the thigh and shortened the torso, and then i drew a shin to match the thigh and it all went way south.  thatnks for calling my attention to that.  Im also going to tighten the stomach a bit and then rework the pecs.

at first glance that looks really awesome adarias, but staring at it for a bit i noticed some things that b.o.b didnt mention. his right ankle looks twisted, a little too much to be for stylistic or aesthetic reasons imo. the neck doesnt fit in with the size of his chest, i think its a bit too thick. the tricep, underarm, lat area looks very convoluted( i have lots of problems with that area too, but youre better than me so you dont have an excuse Tongue)

edit: oh wow, just read that hes supposed to be hercules. i think he needs some definite beefing up to fit the title.

i've actually straightened the ankels out considerably from when i was drawing myself in the mirror.  I will figure out something about the neck though.  Could you perhaps be a little more specific about the underarm region? if you jsut mean that it isn't defined, remember this is only a sketch for positioning that is going to be covered by thick paint.
as far as the hercules thing, remember that when fighting the nemean lion, he is only a half-starved adolescent "hero."  He "slays" the lion when it chokes on his arm, which it inteded to eat.  He will get some more meat on his bones though, but don't expect one of your musclemen.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #504 on: March 20, 2007, 02:00:43 am
youre only conceited when your self portraits are made to make you look like the most perfect being on earth. amplify your imperfections and youll be fine.

edit: @ adarias
that region just doesnt read well at all. i cant gather anything that looks any serratus muscles, or lats. maybe as you develop it will fix itself. maybe im just seeing it wrong
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 02:03:05 am by Ryumaru »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #505 on: March 20, 2007, 02:05:18 am
Wot are you using for that, Stwelin?

Offline alkaline

• may be caustic
    • designflaw
    • awstenn
    • View Profile

Reply #506 on: March 20, 2007, 02:36:38 am
that's looking awesome stwelin, maybe if he wasn't half smiling though, would have liked it better if he just had a mouth continued like the right side.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #507 on: March 20, 2007, 03:18:58 am
Wot are you using for that, Stwelin?

Crayola coloured pencils! (our school's poor.)

that's looking awesome stwelin, maybe if he wasn't half smiling though, would have liked it better if he just had a mouth continued like the right side.

Well, the grade for the project is based on how accurate it is (we actually took photos with distorted lenses, and then we're copying them. if you look closely you can see the gridlines.) I've already screwed myself over because the colors were supposed to be realistic. ::)  But yes, i agree with you, the smirk is kind of... meh. I've already made a lot of mistakes that cannot be pointed out because of the quality of the image.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 03:20:50 am by Stwelin »

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #508 on: March 20, 2007, 10:10:47 pm
I did this a year ago, just trying if I can make a comic strip.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 01:56:15 pm by Froli »

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #509 on: March 21, 2007, 01:04:45 am
Stwelin, that looks amazing!

From a while ago:

Peekaboo Ampelkopf :) (ptoing I'll try to get back to work on the pixel one asap)