AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 398127 times)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Re: Official Pixelation OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #380 on: February 27, 2007, 02:32:22 pm
Hehe, thanks dudes. I agree with all the crits, i probably won't work on that piece any more, but i'll definetely keep it all in mind for my next. I never seem to realise these kinds of mistakes until i start colouring, and then i just can't be assed to fix them (i was really keen on practicing my colouring skills, as i havent tried in months and months). Perhaps i'll draw a big boobied girly girl next time.... nott^-^

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #381 on: February 27, 2007, 10:54:04 pm
I thought she was a man until I took a closer look. I suggest making the face more feminine and making the shoulders smaller. And just to be really picky... the strong light on her white top would reflect onto the underside of her brown sleeve. Great piece though.

damn you stole my crit :'(...I like it except for the masculine ness...
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #382 on: February 27, 2007, 11:27:56 pm
thanks helm, that helped a lot.  i always have that same tendency of showing the nose from several different angles at the same time, ending up with nostrils that face up >.<. it's a classic mistake of mine
I'm not sure about the white in the eyes, it's a pet-peeve of mine when  people do that.
the eyes were definately unaligned, i was thinking more of raising the left and lowering the right, but your edit works.

i also like the redefined jaw, you didnt mention it? but i thought it was one of the better decisions

i worry that the face flattens out too much with the redefined right cheek and extended chin, to me it seems to loose a little too much of it's curve.  Very hellenic, which is more attractive to many people and not to mention how portraits are typcially taught, but one of my goals here is to honor my small-chinned barrel-shaped Danish ancestry :P

thanks again

that little thing we have under our nose whose name escapes me
filtrum :P

people that might come from anime-type backgrounds
nail on the head.  rue the day i picked up that interest, there's so much i still need to unlearn from it >.<

so that im not posting words without artwork:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:36:35 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #383 on: February 27, 2007, 11:47:34 pm
an illustration. i really liked the concept but i feel like i didnt live up to it with the execution at all:

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #384 on: February 28, 2007, 06:12:24 am
I don't like the placement of the I. It's too stray. Reminds me of how a person would continue a word when they're out of space, so they just curve their writing. Just doesn't look pretty when that happens.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #385 on: February 28, 2007, 07:01:59 pm
Adarias, that last picture is awesome.

So... I drew this guy who's linework was really busy and complicated in order to overcome my lack of detailing when drawing stuff with photoshop... Didn't work, but I am proud of the result.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #386 on: February 28, 2007, 07:47:52 pm

Use reference on arm holding a stick for that one. Also head is pretty large, but otherwise it's a nice piece.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #387 on: February 28, 2007, 08:30:03 pm
I actually don't think her/his head is that large. Looks fine to me, since my reasoning leads me to believe in human growth, teen proportions tend to be a little wonky in development. That is IF this person(I swear, I have a hard time defining which sex is which, with your pieces Adarias) is a teenager. Otherwise, yeah, big head. I agree about the stick, though. His/her fist seems to be clenching it at a different angle, than the position of the stick itself. Also, that little knob sticking out on our right side of his/her left knee's armor, really makes it look strange as if her knee is twisted...

Detail looks great though..

***edit***

So it's a she...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:47:57 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #388 on: February 28, 2007, 08:42:29 pm
that would be a female, note the breasts.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #389 on: March 01, 2007, 02:19:16 am
yeah, shes a girl in her late teens.  common proportions dictat that young or just short adults are about 7 heads tall....:

so yeah, big head makes her look even younger.  she has a high waist too, i always goof that.  oh well, ill work on that more next time around.

the spear i noticed the moment i made the line, but it and the hand were both so dark already.  thats the trouble with hurrying >.<, all my first lines were dark and final.

Sherman - id love to see some unification of your lightsource.  not all of his body can be in the light....fix that up and it will be a very nice piece
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.