AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 402240 times)

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Re: Official Pixelation OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #220 on: January 14, 2007, 10:32:03 pm
Here's some more nudity for this topic :D

My original character, Shayna. I did this piece for a weekly random original character thingie over at Private Exchange (an art exchange community). I also know perfectly well that she doesn't have average ...proportions.

This is what I did for an art exchange between me and Emlan (http://www.artoholic.org). My characters ("huge guy", Yuki, and Tisha) and her characters (Mjing, Kaj and Nin) are having a snowball fight. Backrow from left: Mjing, (my unnamed character), Yuki. Front row from left: Kaj, Tisha, Nin.

Thinking about naming that big guy something of these three (tell me which one you think would fit the best if you feel like it):
Conall: strong wolf in Gaelic
Alexander: defending men in Greek
Art: bear in British/stone in Irish

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #221 on: January 14, 2007, 11:39:04 pm
Very lovely picture of Shayna, Mirre. You have a very nice drawing and shading technique with pencils that make your characters look warm and soft. I very much like that feel.
Shayna's features are very nice, and the sword has me rather interested. Is she a warrior/defender/guardian of some sort?
Oh, and I gotta say I'm very impressed by the look of the towel. I can literally feel the fuzzy fabric!

As for the next pic, it's awesome. The characters are so cute and endearing.
I think for the big guy, I'd go with either Conall or Art, though I'm leaning more towards Art.

Oh, and nice pics, Zach. Reminds me of all the little eccentric sketches my teacher did in Life-Drawing class.

Oh, and lovely music, Faktablad. Very nice serene sound. I very much enjoyed it.

Now onward to some more art...
Since people are posting nude art, that makes me feel fine about posting this than...

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #222 on: January 15, 2007, 12:11:00 am
Ryona: glad you like my stuff! :-*
Well, Shayna is a martial arts expert. And she kind of adores swords, haha. A very old character of mine, and I'm thinking about rewriting her biography to make her fit into the story of my other character Lotiki, and the comic-project I'm working on.

Yeah, I really like Art too... but Conall as well. Leaning more towards Art for me too now, I guess.

And that's a lovely piece of art Ryona. I like your dark drawing style. It's very neat and moody. Nice work on the girls figure, I think the light-reflect-effect on the breasts is pretty cool.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #223 on: January 15, 2007, 12:39:34 am
Why, thank you, Mirre! ^_^

Your character is a martial artist as well as uses and likes swords? I love her already! hehe
You're working on a comic project? Me too! Infact most of the pics I've posted are stuff for my comic project (mostly which are of my main character which is loosely based off of me).

I'd totally like to know more about your comic project. What is it about and in what way is your character involved in the story?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:41:49 am by Ryona »

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #224 on: January 15, 2007, 03:38:16 am
Ryona: I love you. You have wicked awesome style.

Here's an ent-portrait:
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #225 on: January 15, 2007, 04:09:17 am
Thankies, Sherman Gill. ^_^

That pic of yours is cute in an odd way. hehe
I love the texture and colors. Lovely painting.

Ents are from Lord of the Rings, right?

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #226 on: January 15, 2007, 04:35:41 am
Well, they may be originally from Lord of the Rings. I just know them as tree people, though.

Never read LOTR..
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #227 on: January 15, 2007, 06:56:01 am
alexander: he who repels man

edit: hmm strange, dictionary.com said 'defender of men' too, but alex- is for deflecting in greek. I guess deflecting harm from befalling men, but that's a pretty long stretch really. I wonder if the meaning has been romaticisized over time, 'cause the first thing that comes to mind to a native greek is repulsion.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 07:02:49 am by Helm »

Offline leel

• Embrace simplicity
    • View Profile
    • cmw

Reply #228 on: January 15, 2007, 03:30:51 pm
I was gonna legally change my name to Alexandra, even though it's kind of a stretch from my current name, but I know that my name came from Alexander originally in Ukrainian but it's changed a bit so now it stands by itself - not short for anything...anywho when I looked up the meaning of my name real in Ukrainian it said 'defender of man' :P 

But now I'm pretty glad I changed my mind about the whole Alexandra thing.  Every person I met in the last month was named Alex. I think it's a sign.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #229 on: January 15, 2007, 06:49:51 pm
Ryona: My comic project is about a girl named Lotiki that is secretely investigating weird "accidents" and disappearances that has happened around the world. Shayna isn't involved in that story... yet :)

So, what is your comic about?

Helm: oh, that's strange. But I guess I won't be using that name after all anyways.