AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 398179 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Official Pixelation OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #390 on: March 01, 2007, 03:20:44 am
High waist = MANGA LEFTOVER POOP! UNLEARN LITTLE SOLDIER! GODSPEED!
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Meta|Fox

• Im full of candy!
    • View Profile

Reply #391 on: March 01, 2007, 03:55:01 am
Bah, ignore them! I think it looks great!

Theres a Gremlin in My Computer!

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #392 on: March 01, 2007, 04:32:07 am
Bah, ignore them! I think it looks great!
Ignoring crits is always helpful.

E-sarcasm if you didn't realize.

I think it looks great too. But it could look even greater.

Drawing of lmnop's character for an activity at www.punaji.com.

Legs are horrible, I know. The scanning was pretty bad, too, methinks. Looks much better on paper.

Facial features are fun to draw.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #393 on: March 01, 2007, 04:39:00 am
High waist = MANGA LEFTOVER POOP! UNLEARN LITTLE SOLDIER! GODSPEED!

Adarias, I suggest you give Ptoing a wet willy in the ear, stick your hands down your pants, whip them out, and then shake his hands. This is the correct gesture to let people know you understand, and shall follow their advice, in the strange lands through which Ptoing and his people thrive...

Jokes aside, I don't hate it. I actually like it. The concept of the armor, as well as the undergarments, look great. Her face doesn't look so anime-ish, as much as her body does. Again, I don't think this is a bad thing, but should be a habit best left alone. If I were to add any detail to it, I'd actually have her hold a helmet in the other arm. Idle hands are the devils work, young'n. I feel that characters with weapons, should show emotion with both hands, not only the one gripping the slaying device. If done properly, hands can display emotion better than the face...in my opinion, at least. Still though, I really like this piece. Great concept art, in my eyes.

Mc(hammer)cow28: I like it. There are issues with it, perspective-wise, of course.(I should know since I tried this exact perspective, and failed miserably with a replica of Guile at pixeljoint) I understand there is an underlying style, but in this case, it can't pull the sheets over the eyes with the  issues dealing with perspective. The legs, like you mentioned, are throwing it off. I think they should be pulled back a little bit more. Also his left arm looks strange. Not even out of perspective, just strange, as if we were to see it normally, it would be limp and dead. I still like the designs on his coat though...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 04:40:38 am by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #394 on: March 01, 2007, 04:47:26 am
Hahaha, I really like it as well, the design is refreshingly realistic I have to say.

Offline Checkworth

• View Profile

Reply #395 on: March 01, 2007, 05:14:37 am
@Adarias: even with anatomical problems and whatall, that drawing is just great. I don't mean just looks great...somehow it exemplifies everything I love about the kind of books I read. Saved 4ever on me 'puter. Just perfect =)

Offline ptoing

• the_ptoing
    • View Profile

Reply #396 on: March 01, 2007, 06:23:58 am
RAWRRR!!!

Got a mail from APAG (some french artist organisation) some time ago. They are doing an artbook on the theme "Unite for Children" with UNICEF and they asked me if i wanted to take part. Pro bono work, the profit goes to charity, which is nice and the artists get some free promotion as well. Deadline is 1st of March (ZOMG TODAY)
and I started like 5 days ago to do it. So anyway, got finished.

The full res is fucking massive, about 4600x6900.

Click for massive 100% closeup of the middle skull

Was good fun I have to say.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #397 on: March 01, 2007, 06:38:15 am
Hehe all proportion charts should have 'FUCK' entries.

Adarias, a good trick I've found is that when you scan lineart, you should zone out of the 'I AM DRAWING THIS' mindset and into the 'I AM OBSERVING THIS' mindset. Look at your piece analytically and notice as much as you can that could be wrong. Then don't be afraid to resize, rotate and skew stuff in photoshop until everything is correct. It's not as drastic as not making mistakes in the first place, but believe me you're doing a huge service to your brain to NOT KEEP art that you know has errors around, if you can fix it. The mind's eye is trained by the art it looks at, and it will repeat the mistakes. Our own art is the art we look most intenfully at, therefore has the biggest feedback loop effect on what we'll draw in the future.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #398 on: March 01, 2007, 02:10:22 pm
I suggest you give Ptoing a wet willy in the ear, stick your hands down your pants, whip them out, and then shake his hands.
oh, but i already have  :y:
Idle hands are the devils work, young'n
since the spear (in har case) is primarily a two-handed weapon and it didnt fit her well to have a buckler/pelta i left it empty, but i like the idea of a helmet; it makes combat sense and lets the viewer see her face too (which is ment to show a little bit of sadness mixed with a little bit of resolve)

Ptoing, you heard all my crits already.  final product looks great, but this monitor is so dark i can only see the top half.  ill say more about it when i can see it better :P

Helm - i hadnt thought of using that as a learning tool....ill try that next time. for art that i show, id rather have mistakes than illegitimacies, but that's a mindset that wont get me many places i suppose >.<
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 02:17:04 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Kennethfejer

• View Profile

Reply #399 on: March 02, 2007, 05:26:16 pm
looks cool ptoing  :y:

still need to texture the hair and fix the head a bit.
292 triangles.
64x64 texture