AuthorTopic: Official OT-Creativity Thread 1  (Read 401431 times)

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Re: Official OT-Creativity Thread [Nudity]

Reply #1000 on: August 03, 2007, 03:20:25 pm
That's some pretty sweet stuff, zeid.  I've been thinking about trying out zbrush, but haven't managed to find the time.

@Junkboy: Is it just me or is her left leg not connected to her hip?  o_O  It looks really disconcerting.  I can see what you mean by "SNAP! - "Where the girls don't have joints"."

[EDIT] Also, 1000th post in this thread :P[/EDIT]
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #1001 on: August 04, 2007, 03:30:33 am
damn homework... keeping me from drawing

thanks for the help Adarias, hope this looks a little better.

face for another character i got in my head

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #1002 on: August 04, 2007, 04:46:13 am
It is better. While you're at it splat, why not go the full way and open an anatomy book and find out all the other parts where your force-of-habit design deviates from more applicable representations of human physiology?

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #1003 on: August 04, 2007, 04:48:56 am
...... wut?

Edit: Thanks for teh edit of the quote, didn't notice that it said physiology.... I thought it said psychology. :hehe: My bad.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 11:02:26 am by bengoshia »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #1004 on: August 04, 2007, 08:55:07 am
It is better. While you're at it splat, why not go the whole nine yards and open an anatomy book to find all the other areas where your stylistic habits break the general rules of realistic human anatomy?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 08:58:28 am by Xion »

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

Reply #1005 on: August 04, 2007, 10:59:20 am
yeah I thought it made sense  !yus!
1 thing with the front view Splat, the lines coming out of the collar bone area seem to give the impression the shoulder is angled oddly and sticky forth obscurely. I'm sure this is a minor issue and someone else would be able to give a much more in depth critique (I probably could give a little more if I tried a bit harder) but this was bugging me :P. Luv your work so far by the way. Oh and I like Ptoings giant robotish business suit man thingo (from a fair few posts back). I'm working to fix the face I did to get it to a very human generic look... Heres a progress shot:

I am working on all the upper face still; eyes, forehead, brow,etc. Oh and of course I am still adding detail to the ears :P (I now understand that I have a lot more 'brushes' then I thought I did meaning I can push in not just drag out the mesh). There are other areas I am tweaking on the lower part of the face as well (I just fixed the indent above the upper lip, wateva its called, so this progress shot is old).
update/complete for now I think I want to give the face study a rest for a bit. So yes I know the ear still looks off :P

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:52:30 am by zeid »
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline Chalk

• View Profile

Reply #1006 on: August 07, 2007, 04:35:21 am
I really like what's in this thread.
anyone else into graff?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #1007 on: August 07, 2007, 12:38:43 pm
There are a few active members who are into that sort of thing.  While you design elements and color choice are interesting, I tend to think that words are a form of communication, so if the tag is not readable because of the design, it's not my cup of tea.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #1008 on: August 07, 2007, 12:55:12 pm
Well, most of the time, people do that to get their own name on a wall. That doesn't communicate a whole lot anyway.

Me, I'm interested, but I don't do it. A few years ago, I really wanted to get into actual graffiti, but it never happened. I still love to look at and analyze designs and tags, though. Honestly, I never liked the ones that use a lot of black...

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #1009 on: August 07, 2007, 01:22:06 pm
Well, most of the time, people do that to get their own name on a wall. That doesn't communicate a whole lot anyway.
Mh, perhaps for people who do it as a hobby, but still, in a world where name=livelihood, it seems like you'ld want people to be able to read it O.o
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.