AuthorTopic: [C+C] Pixel self portrait  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Boraka

• LunaBulnes
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] Pixel self portrait

Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 12:02:44 pm
I've tried with a lighter shadow in the collar and I kinda like it. Also, I've tried with the eye color as background.

Any better?

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 12:50:47 pm
Hm, I can see it now but it hurts to look at the top left of her head a bit for me, like the colors aren't working with each other well.
Thinking on it, the matrix background was probably a better choice overall for readability now that I'm seeing it without that texture and outline, though perhaps a solid tweak to that original idea would be a solid amber background with strings of matrix text slapped around the edges in chunks so you don't need the outline as much
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 01:42:49 pm

I never liked white outlines. 
I tend to like higher contrast.  My edit reflects that.  I also think the shadow on the collar should more closely follow the shadow on the neck.
Also the mouth bothers me.  I do like what 32 did with it, but with out a reference, I can't offer any suggestions. 
Overall, this looks great though.   :y:

Offline Boraka

• LunaBulnes
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 03:01:41 pm
Here's my main reference here (large image):

The point of view is not exactly the same, but is close.

I also tried with a hairstyle closer to the reference, which is darker and causes less troubles. But is less accurate with my actual recent look  :)

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 06:02:10 pm
I think you did a nice job on the first hair style.  I see no problems there.
On the left I did a mouth edit.  Just seemed too wide and mis-shaped. On the right I went a bit more.  I know you weren't looking for a lot of detail, but I get carried away with pixels sometimes.  I found the head too wide and the neck a tad too long. And the shoulders had too much of a slope...just tried to balance things out and add more life. 

Offline FelipeFS

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 09:17:38 pm
I think you did a nice job on the first hair style.  I see no problems there.
On the left I did a mouth edit.  Just seemed too wide and mis-shaped. On the right I went a bit more.  I know you weren't looking for a lot of detail, but I get carried away with pixels sometimes.  I found the head too wide and the neck a tad too long. And the shoulders had too much of a slope...just tried to balance things out and add more life. 

I LIKE a lot the edit you did on the mouth, but not the edit on the right, the shadow of the glasses, the extra light in the face. Thought I like that pinkish shadow color #E18B71.

Edit: I didn't notice before, but I like your version of the nose (the nostrils with different brightness was making me crazy ;D)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:51:54 pm by FelipeFS »