AuthorTopic: tips for Lighting/Shading  (Read 1774 times)

Offline RunninBlood

• @RunninBlood
    • RunninBlood
    • View Profile

tips for Lighting/Shading

on: December 30, 2016, 04:58:40 pm
Hey everyone,
Wanted to ask you to look at this piece and tell me what you think of the lighting/shading, what would make it look more professional (i dont think it looks that good) and if its applied right here  :)

Also i wanted to ask this: When you draw certian objects/shapes how often do you use pictures as reference, lets say for example you want to draw a satellite (really random), do you look up pictures immediately or do you work out of memory/your mind, and how do you do this with human shapes (arms, legs etc.), i've always wondered this.

Thanks for replying  ;D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:14:20 pm by RunninBlood »

Offline RunninBlood

• @RunninBlood
    • RunninBlood
    • View Profile

Re: tips for Lighting/Shading

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 05:05:37 pm
Hmm, cant seem to get the image to show up? i've got the imgur link between the img tags..  ???

Offline AppleGirl

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 05:08:47 pm
Try right clicking on the image and say "Copy image address" then paste it. Hopefully it will work  ;D

Offline RunninBlood

• @RunninBlood
    • RunninBlood
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 05:14:56 pm
Try right clicking on the image and say "Copy image address" then paste it. Hopefully it will work  ;D

Thanks  ;)

Offline AppleGirl

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 04:20:22 pm
I use reference picture for almost every pixel art I make. It helps you to see where the light is coming from and where you should shade. I think you did pretty well on the shading of the chicken, but maybe for the bottle you can round out the front.