AuthorTopic: Gameboy Color mockup  (Read 13447 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: Gameboy Color mockup

Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 02:03:54 am
lackey: im not sure if this is able to be on the hardware yet, but i know its not far away from it atm.
faceless: thanks for the crit! and for fixing the tile!
helm: thanks, i guess i do seem to do that. maybe youll like the update:

i have done things with the tiles, but the boss seems to be especially needed to be worked on. how does this look?

(im in love with the colors now, no generic red demon AND complimentary colors(( blue and oarnge)))

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 03:00:37 am
Face is kinda hard to see, but aside form that, I think it's coo'.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 08:40:15 am
There's not enough contrast between your two darkest shades, and I think the generic red devil works better in this scenario, as you're working with a black bg...

Here's the direction I'd be taking it in:

I used the darkest rock tiles in the bg to give it some texture, widened the shoulder span of the devil (half-assedly) and used your bubble looking rocks to break up the red floor. Idealy, you'd want more subtle stone floor tiles, and to rework the body to match the wider shoulder width, but I was working with what you had.

When making your devil sprite, you have to consider the scene he is in. You have improved the pose 10 fold, but in the scene you have created, it wasn't wide enough when compared to your tiles, and the arms were obscured by those pillars.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 02:15:49 pm
Fantastic critique, Faceless. Strongly seconded.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 07:00:02 pm
man faceless, thanks so much for the awesome help! in my newest pose, he was actually supposed to be leaning in, and his arms would be infront of the two pillars, but i think that your way looks awesome as well. the floor actually has another element in it that i havent done yet( its a piece of rised earth so that the main char will be able to jump on and attack the boss) so that, and maybe some actuall floor tiles will help to break it up. also, you make the red look so awesome, i guess i might go with it.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 02:44:51 pm
Man Faceless, we need more people like you back at PT.

And Ryu, are you going to make him clutch the edge of the level, or just leave his hands free?
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 02:36:39 am
rabidbaboy: i dont know, the question is irrelavant for when there is a demo, as his arms will move to attack the character, but for the mockup alone, im not sure.
here are some questions for everybody:
red or blue?
him leaning infront of the pillars, or him behind them with his arms around them
if you choose the second one, id like some comments on how to go about changing his physique to be wider.

disregard the bottom left image, just playing around.

Offline cpaw88

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 07:26:46 am
Very nice work!  This looks extremely professional!  I really wish you the best on the rest of your art for this mockup.  :y:;D

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 07:33:29 am
You should have left the water as you did on the left edit. You might want to add some dark peaches or oranges to the water.

I made a quick edit:

Also I realized how the demon was over the water, shouldnt it be casting a shadow over it?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 07:49:41 am by VictorR »

Offline Filax_666

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 08:37:01 am
@VictorR: That isn't water, it's earth. Read the thread first :mean:

I'm really liking the way you're doing this, Ryumaru :y: I'm not sure if you're still following GBC restrictions but, at this point, I don't care, because it's looking beautiful ;D
About the latest mockups...The upper two are better anatomically, but I think the overall picture would work better with the pillars, like on the lower one...just with corrected anatomy. For that, I'd try to make his chest look wider and probably raise the head a tiny bit.

I'll be waiting for development :-*