AuthorTopic: avatar for pixelation  (Read 2689 times)

Offline blubber

• View Profile

on: October 23, 2006, 05:30:44 pm
Hi,

thats the avatar im planning to use - the colours hmmm i think they suck in a charming way...

c&c is welcome

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Re: avatar for pixelation

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:59:51 pm
I think it's really good so far, though I think you could refine it. The cheekbone shadow on the lighter side of the face is too dark/overly pronnounced (too much volume). I would suggest bringing all of that up a shade. Also, the hair and the facial hair could use some anti-aliasing. The blue of the shirt is too dark to be appreciable (I had to zoom in to see the detail of it). AA the tshirt logo?? if that's what it is. Most of what you need to do is adjust colors already placed, and little tweaks to smooth out sharpies, then I think it'll be better. Is that fabric or something else going on with the neck? I think your color choices are good. You might need a subtle hair highlight.

EDIT:

Here's an edit. The upper half I worked on, while the lower half I left mostly alone. I modified colors and lightened the cheekbone. Hope this helps you.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:11:35 pm by Peppermint Pig »

Offline blubber

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 08:13:49 pm
indeed thats what i call helpfull! many thanks for taking the time to point me on the issues mentioned - and special thx for the edit :---)

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:33:25 pm
The sunglasses look crooked, the far side is too low, it should probably be about the same height across the face.

His far cheek sticks out too far for someone with such pronounced cheekbones. It'd probably help a lot to pull it in a few pixels from where the cheekbone ends to the bottom of the jaw.

His hairline looks like it's receding, you could bring it down quite a bit.

The shirt and neck aren't very well done compared to the face.

I think there might be a bit too much AA on the nose.

Other than that, it's looking pretty good!