AuthorTopic: An angel  (Read 8072 times)

Offline Ozego

• View Profile

Re: An angel

Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 06:09:38 pm
Regardless of the reasons here is a nice tutorial on how to give them weight:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14073817562484999/

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 06:25:43 am
@MysteryMeat
Please stop propagating fear of public mockery.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 07:01:05 am
@pixel, yeah fair enough! Wasn't my intent to do that but reading myself back to me I've yet again found myself realizing I mangled my point trying to be funny/sassy

Point I was going for wasn't so much to be worried that people will make fun of you for it, it's more that shoving them into every design isn't the best idea and can often take away from the end result when not properly thought out.
I was specifically thinking of blogs like eschergirls, which highlights the kinda goofiness that comes of it, but the blog also has kind of a mocking tone and hasn't really been all on-point in recent times. Not a huge fan of art mockery blogs, but some of them make good criticisms in between the rudeness.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Ozego

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 12:35:42 pm
Meh. It's just the times. We live in a era of prudes. Everything is PG. Sex scenes has been replaced by CG sky beams, and we care more about scientists shirt fashion than their achievements in their field. In 50 years it will probably be the opposite and we'll all be as filthy as our predecessors were in the 70s.
Just do what you love to do, and if people mock you remember that their petty observations will be gone tomorrow but what you create will stick around.  :y:

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 02:23:19 pm
I think the fact that people are a bit prudish is actually why many artists add big boobs to their art - it feels risque to them or their target audience. Otherwise, I think we'd see people drawing whatever breasts make the work actually better.

Add big boobs if you want, just make sure it doesn't come at the cost of the composition, the character design, or the message of the piece. And please make them actually look like soft boobs instead of hard rocks.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 02:53:15 pm
OP has already been scared away.

Offline defrobo

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 04:07:07 pm
I'm still here, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to do more updates yet. Hopefully will get some time tomorrow!

Oh, and I don't have a strong opinion on big or small boobies anyway, so you guys just continue on as you please  ;D

Offline BeckaMan

• Qapla'
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 08:32:30 pm
Small boobs, big boobs. Whatever. There are all sorts of boobs out there. As long as the art is solid just do what you feel like your piece needs!

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 09:16:42 pm
Let me just say something to put this back on track..

Defrobo, take your time.
I saw that you wrote in the first post that you use a wacom, I totally missed that, which is why I mentioned fluid motions and using a mouse. If you draw pixel by pixel it makes it harder to do quick iterations and changes.
Pixel by pixel is necessary in certain places like the eyes and face though, and also when cleaning up lines.

But I think that in general you should focus less on line work and more on volume, for example her chest and hair doesn't have volume, they have outlines which imply the opposite, that it's a flat shape. Think of a ball with volume vs a circular plate which has none.

Offline BeckaMan

• Qapla'
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 09:29:57 pm
Let me just say something to put this back on track..

Defrobo, take your time.
I saw that you wrote in the first post that you use a wacom, I totally missed that, which is why I mentioned fluid motions and using a mouse. If you draw pixel by pixel it makes it harder to do quick iterations and changes.
Pixel by pixel is necessary in certain places like the eyes and face though, and also when cleaning up lines.

Sorry, kind of off-topic, but I hope it's okay I ask about this here.
I'm a beginner so I don't think investing in a wacom is something to consider just yet. But if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly a tablet can help in doing fluid motions? So there is an advantage in using a tablet vs mouse when advancing to an intermediate stage and higher pixel count images? I'm just doing 32x32 now so a mouse should suffice but I'm just thinking ahead here. A wacom is a good investment after the beginner stage?