AuthorTopic: My first Pixel art, feedback please.  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Heehahou

• Having fun.
    • View Profile

My first Pixel art, feedback please.

on: December 17, 2016, 11:04:26 pm
I just did my first pixel art after watching a tutorial on YT that recommended starting out with a 32x32 canvas and 4 colors including white, i'm stuck on how to show the clothes, AA and the hands.

I draw regularly so I have an art notion, but pixel art is a different story.

Offline ChillTaco

• View Profile

Re: My first Pixel art, feedback please.

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 11:09:27 pm
Well, I guess at that size and stlye... the stumps make ok hands, you could put thumbs though I guess. As for cloths.... since the pallet is limited, use a solid of either your black or one of your greys. If you want a white shirt or pants, outline it with the black maybe.

Oh yea, if you want to define the hands more . I guess you have to first define the wrists more or make the hands huge. So... uhhm, kinda erase a few pixels  or add some here and there to do that.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 11:12:42 pm by ChillTaco »

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 11:18:52 am
Here is my edit:

Plz dont pay too much attention to the bad shading on his head, its  just to show that its possible to do shading. You asked for clothes, so i tried to do that, its not very difficult and you could even keep AA, althought i chose not to because of readability. 

Hands are indeed very difficult, they have too much detail so i think in 32x32 this is the best you can do, if you go to  bigger resolutions you would be able to make hands, but those would still only have 2-3 fingers. anyways Here's a ref sheet for hands anyways.

I think you are doing a good job at AA, just be aware that you dont overdo it because then you will get banding. just keep practicing
You get in the bowl

Offline Heehahou

• Having fun.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 02:20:17 pm
Thanks guys, I'll practice.