AuthorTopic: Walk Cycle  (Read 2894 times)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Walk Cycle

on: December 10, 2016, 08:53:28 am

It's adapted from a rotoscope, but I've been wanting to do a forward facing walk for a while.  The hair and face look a bit too animated, but I feel that I'm in the right direction with it.  Otherwise, I may have put the breasts a bit too low and the waist is a tiny bit choppy, but that'd be fixed if I work on the legs.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Walk Cycle

Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 11:43:14 am
I'd say finish the sprite rough before coming for critique, there's stuff I can say here but until I see the hips and legs I'm not sure how valid it would all be.
Her arms seem somewhat long here, for example, but I don't know if that's because the legs are out of shot or just because the shirt terminates earlier than you'd expect, you know?
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 12:54:18 am

Maybe needs a bit of cleaning up and potentially lengthening, but I think it looks at least passable for a first attempt.  The arms look a bit too long now, but I've never been good at anatomy.

Offline Maxcreed

• Check my portfolio below, Also i like Cheese!
    • maxcreed122
    • maxcreed122
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 02:56:57 am
Looks good but please dont make shorter the arms, they are good just the way they are. I just think it haves too much motion on the belly and it needs more motion on the shoulder. Besides that its great
Want to hire me? To contact me just send a message with the tag [JOB] to my Email, my Pixelation account or add me on Discord
Email: ajgcreed@gmail.com
Discord: MaxCreed #1571
Portfolio: https://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=26128.0

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 04:14:25 am

Played with the shoulders, slimmed the legs down a bit, and swapped out the extra arm length for hands.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 11:27:22 am
Sup!
Breaking out of your comfort zone yet :mean:

No, in all seriousness it's a good start, just extremely unpolished, so here's the opportunity to smooth the spacing/timing of volumes and kill the rotoscoped look. Only specific thing I can point to ATM is that the leg movement is choppy before and at the contact frame, that's one reason the legs are sliding around a bit. Also, bit bigger hands.

Thinking of it as a side view walk clears up a lot of things, because a side view silhouette reads more. Generally you're just gonna want to revise the timing and the shading with that in mind, helps make the leap to other views.

A few more references to help you out: 1 2 3(video)

3rd looks like the most helpful here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:37:50 am by pistachio »