AuthorTopic: [C&C] Concept Style,need points of view Please  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Fieldren

• -Grotesque-
    • View Profile

[C&C] Concept Style,need points of view Please

on: December 02, 2016, 06:16:58 pm
I posted this answer on an older post, but i think that my thread became too long, so i'm reposting it.Sorry if i am annoying, sincerely.

At the moment i'm working on various sprites but this is definitely the one that's giving me the most troubled one.

First model:

And some backstory:

There is a "machine", used on vulnerable individuals that can materialize your deepest fears,feelings and thoughts as one big entity and make it real. Using brain-scanner technology , along with a very advanced kind of ""printer""(More details in game). The purpose of this machine is to exploit certain individuals that have a great internal conflict, for example:

A raped little girl always gonna fear her rapist, so in this way, the machine can materialize the inner monster that this little girl is so afraid of, but through the eyes of a 10 years old, or so.

In this case i need to take a large concept,and start working from it, so i start with a person with no signs of being that kind of monster.Rapist tends to be regular people, normal to the eyes of everyone and i finish with a normal guy with an inocent look, but when he has the oportunity you can see the real monster that the little girl knows.That's my approach, and that's what i try to accomplish.

In this particular case,the backstory of this monster :

A guy, that is overwelmed by rage, blind by pressure, unable to control it.The machine took that powerful part of him, and turned him into this beast. So now he lurks the place punishing any kind of interruption, almost like a perfectionist that doesn't want to be bothered.A complete workaholic.Of course stealth this time doesn't work with plain sight, but with smell, and noise. The player has to dismember the beast with the environment because you can't get close to him (You know, Death and stuff.).

I'm not aiming to a hack and slash, neither a beat em up, i just want to give every boss its own world, so it is the case for my fellow amigo, that has brought me so many issues lately.

Sorry for the long writting.

After my first sprite i started to work towards this guy and made like 5-6 different models

Then i tried giving him another pose to focus on different parts and details(Like height and torso)

And finally tried to give him some shades (i think the last one was better)

Thanks for reading.
Praise the sun \[T]/

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [C&C] Concept Style,need points of view Please

Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:59:42 pm
I'd say it's close but needs a bit more sexuality. Perhaps bondage gear or a suspicious bump down the thigh?
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Fieldren

• -Grotesque-
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 04:38:14 pm
Hey Meat!

I was thinking about making another sprite completely oriented on sexual connotations, like maybe a sex slave (and suspicious bumps) i like that concept a lot, and it can be exploited at its full potential. With this dude, do you mean like straps? maybe he can wield a dildo-like weapon, so when he approaches you, you know that you are fucked.Literally haha
Praise the sun \[T]/

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 05:42:14 pm
Overt sexuality isn't creepy, in my opinion. Something more subtle like a hint of bulge, straps, chains, and piercings that could be either sexual or actual restraints, etc would probably be more effective.

Offline Fieldren

• -Grotesque-
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 05:39:08 am
I like the sexual concept, but as this sprite was intended, i wasn't pointing at a complete sexual concept...i was pointing to a feral, angry and desperate kind of character in this case,although i'm gonna include all your concepts in a new mob
Praise the sun \[T]/