AuthorTopic: Band, advice maybe.... please?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline ChillTaco

• View Profile

Band, advice maybe.... please?

on: November 28, 2016, 01:02:34 am
This is just a basic concept, didnt work to hard on it. Before I finish them up I want to know if they look to much like the band I based them off of. NO wait... any likness is purely coincidental....  ::) heh.. heheh.

I dont know what to name the band, I havent drawn the drummer, pianist, and base guitarist cause they use the same sprite base as the guitarists.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:47:19 pm by ChillTaco »

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Band, give name ideas maybe?

Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 05:52:00 am
The Cack Warblers
Raging ButtPunch
Benny and the Himalayas
Cock Robster
Decimal Deity

Really just start slapping words together, band names rarely have to be "thought out" and depending on how punkish you want them to be, actively putting negative thought into it would be to your favor.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline ChillTaco

• View Profile

Re: Band, give name ideas maybe?

Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 06:03:20 am
Raging ButtPunch it is.

Offline ChillTaco

• View Profile

Re: Band, Need edits (Lazy)

Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 06:06:57 am
So I started doing a bit more with them after finishing up that hellish garden map.. Posting that after I clean it up..... ANyway. This is all I got done. They need so much more cleaning... And they dont look that good, The animation is lazy... So uhhh feel free to give adivce (fix it for me if you want) or not. Just kidding. Maybe. Im trying not to go to far with the art in this game... where is this game anyway?

Oh there it is, in the toilet.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:24:30 pm by ChillTaco »

Offline ChillTaco

• View Profile

Re: Band, advice maybe.... please?

Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 08:56:25 am
So the finger thing I made... It looks odd. THats ok, good enough right? Its looks ok? but the wings, I have no idea how to shade them. They will stick out if I dont. Can someone tell me how? Ive never shaded these kind before... Also The gitarst B face, its uhhh well.... how do I put it ? Off?

THe stlye.. Its not all weeb right?

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 09:27:26 am
The finger is bending way backwards like it's made of rubber. Instead of changing that though I'd flip the rest of his hand around, makes it look like he's scratching his face. A good characterizing movrment, makes him come off as standoffish, or possibly apathetic! Good traits for a skellington man.

Offline ChillTaco

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 05:38:48 pm

Sorry MysteryMeat. My animation skills are kinda baddddddd. Anyway, I tryed to do what you asked and dun goofed so I Did this instead.

(ALSO HELL YEA SUCCESS! People can tell what I was going for with the FACE!)

Only two frames? gosh that looks terrible. Oh well. I hope it looks ok at least. Still cant figure out how to shade the wings. I might just change it to angel wings of the same coloring, I know how to shade feathered wings... but if I do that naaa.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:23:46 pm by ChillTaco »

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 10:24:38 pm
Both of these work pretty well, but you could move the hand up so he's picking his ear.
On the wings, pull up some references. I assume you're going for bat wings, and those have a slight difference in structure to bird wings

Offline ChillTaco

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 10:16:26 pm
SO I took all dat tastey advice and failed lol. Anyway, I began working on the ear twisty thing, it turned out.... I dont know. The wings are still a little noobish looking. Anway, damn son MysteryMeat. Your advice is always too good.

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 11:06:20 pm
I'd say that looks pretty good, you could probably do a couple of others with him looking around various places for talksprites to keep visual interest up, but I'd say you've got a decent variety now for that character.
Wings aren't ideal though, I still can't tell quite what you're going for with them. If it's bat wings, they don't spike that much! They're flaps of leathery skin suspended by what are pretty much elongated hangs.
and if you're going for a feathery wing, those have a bit of a swoopy design not present here! Google is your friend, wing drawing guides exist en-masse just like hand tutorials since they're a common problem area for artists.

I like the wing posing better here, though! Gives them a more swept-back look, which works better than the flat static you had before.