AuthorTopic: Graphic for T-Shirt  (Read 3070 times)

Offline RedSuinit

• View Profile

Graphic for T-Shirt

on: November 17, 2016, 03:02:54 am
Hey all! I'm looking to turn this graphic into a T-Shirt design and would love some critique to make it better!

I realize it's not quite pure pixel art due to it's size, but I figured there is still a lot that could probably be improved upon.

Here's a quick concept of what it would look like on a shirt.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:04:50 am by RedSuinit »

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Re: Graphic for T-Shirt

Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 11:12:48 am
I think your biggest problem is readability for the bottom-left character, I think it is a bald guy with a viking helmet, but his limbs arent connected and I have no idea what is happening with his right arm.

Another problem is that the arrow and axe do not have the same pixel size of the characters, if you want this to really be pixel art you gotta fix that. I showed how you could do that for the axe.

Then there were 2 small fixes you can see i did in red.
You get in the bowl

Offline RedSuinit

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 01:48:58 pm
I know the part about the arrow and axe. The readability on the Viking is understandable. It's supposed to be a really short Viking (like a dwarf) running. His legs are a blur because they're moving so fast, haha. I'll work on that.

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 04:48:46 pm
use the blur in these sonic sprites as a reference then
You get in the bowl

Offline ||||

• The brand with four stripes
    • llll_lijj
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?owner=30996&ob=search&dosearch=1
    • Lijj
    • View Profile
    • rawbetty.com

Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 06:19:44 am
I think you should simplify it or move the sprites away from the title. I don't like the lower enemy sprite cause I don't know what it is. (whatever the thing getting the axe wung at is). Also, a shirt needs to be legible; you don't want passers by squinting at the the title or the sprites wondering what they are. They need to be easily absorbed. The UFO mage could be improved too... I do like the archer sprite though.

The title's main problem is: the sprites are enclosing in on it making it look cluttered; I propose removing half of the sprites. Also the title needs to dominate the field. All those stray pixels and lines make it appear weak and obfuscated.. especially the lighter green stripes.. it just registers as noise or static. Those slashes need to go too!
This isn't the best font but I made a super quick edit just to show a more readable layout with more dominant text:

Also the rotated pixels may work on the axe and arrow, but the image all-together might look more cohesive if they are not rotated... I don't think that's too big of a deal though.

Offline isabelcarro

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 08:38:27 am
Hey, I like the design, but I would definitely change the font on that Dash