AuthorTopic: Remember this guy?  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Fieldren

• -Grotesque-
    • View Profile

Remember this guy?

on: November 14, 2016, 09:34:20 pm
Well, i started with this guy:

and i was trying to change some colours and trying to give him "something" else... The thing is that i ran out of ideas for this dude.

Well, i made him this:

It's not the big deal,but i changed some colors here and there to fit the colour palette of all my mobs

Looking for opinions and second thoughts please!
Praise the sun \[T]/

Offline Runensucher

• View Profile

Re: Remember this guy?

Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:08:29 pm
The new colour is better. The trousers look very organic with the new shades. Like old dried flesh. The mask with the ball is better. But why you removed the shoulder armor?

So let's come to the shading: Think about it again. When the light comes from the upper right, where does it hit his right leg? Yeah, you are right. At the backside.

Here is a tip: whatch out for parts, where your darkest colour of one tone (red, green, grey) hits the brightest of another tone. Then decide if it makes sense or not. Example: the darkest red of the shirt lays on the bright green of the breast.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:38:15 pm by Runensucher »

Offline Fieldren

• -Grotesque-
    • View Profile

Re: Remember this guy?

Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 07:46:59 pm
My nigga:

I'm taking all your helpful tips and changing the things that you pointed out.
Thinking 'bout changing the pants color, and obviously ,taking care of shading.
Overall, there's something that i'm not able to reach, since i'm on the "Creative process" and that's giving him personality, something that could highlight his theme.

I was wondering, how can i reflect a neglected,tortured and abused person?
I think that the large steel ball is a good way to point that out because of the physical torture that can represent,the constant pain pulling you down.

As poetical as it can sound,i'm still unhappy about this. I Greatly appreciate your advices Runensalchicha.

Oh, by the way, i was sketching him on a notebook without a mouse, so i appologize about all the possible mistakes.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:20:33 am by Atnas »
Praise the sun \[T]/