AuthorTopic: Animation Base Sprites  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Animation Base Sprites

on: November 12, 2016, 07:12:39 am
SEE: http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=21446.0

I plan on using these as the base sprites for a series of animations I plan on working on.  The first two (Blue and Pink), are pretty much done, so I'm more focused on the others.  I tried going for a lot more personality in the way they stand and how it portrays their disposition. There's probably a lot of areas I can clean up, but I can't single out everything on my own.

Offline AppleGirl

• View Profile

Re: Animation Base Sprites

Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:27:26 am
I'm no expert, but they look great to me! I like the way your characters stance portrays their personality. For instance, the last sprite looks like a cute little kid. The first 3 look pretty intimidating. 4th sprite looks laid back (eheheh).

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:48:24 pm
I'm no expert, but they look great to me! I like the way your characters stance portrays their personality. For instance, the last sprite looks like a cute little kid. The first 3 look pretty intimidating. 4th sprite looks laid back (eheheh).

The first two don't really mean much, as I just went with a generic pose, but the rest are pretty on point.  Glad to see I'm getting somewhere with that

Also just went and shaded them for fun.  I don't plan on shading any of the animations, but practice is practice.

Offline Runensucher

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 08:32:56 pm
The third one looks a little generic. I don't know any fighting style (accept for kickboxing) where you stand like this. This position makes one of your arms useless. Is he/she a kickboxer?

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 03:34:02 am
The third one looks a little generic. I don't know any fighting style (accept for kickboxing) where you stand like this. This position makes one of your arms useless. Is he/she a kickboxer?

Uhh...  I really got nothing other than, "Generic Fightman," in terms of posing for him, and that at least looked battle ready.  I'm not too attached to it, so I guess I can go back and rework it if it makes no real sense.