AuthorTopic: [2D Artist Wanted] Hobby RTS Team  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Enduinn

• View Profile

[2D Artist Wanted] Hobby RTS Team

on: November 08, 2016, 05:30:20 am
Hello Pixelators,

I'm looking for other people that want to get together online and make games. I'm currently making a simple RTS game and decided it would be way more fun to work with others. I do not intend to sell it and will probably release the game free along with source code. The art/music will be given according to whatever license the artists/musicians decide. Anyway, if you are interested here are the details of my RTS project so far:

Latest Development log:
https://youtu.be/RzrwQUxdgbM

I am ~30yo and have been programming for years, but have never built a game before. I have found a few people to help, two programmers, two sound designer/composers, and two artists. I will lead the project.

I am looking for people that want to hang out online (Slack, voicechat, etc) and build cool stuff together; specifically, 1-2 2D artists.
The theme of the game is post-apocalyptic fantasy, so there is a wide range of fitting content. The programming is at least 3/4 done, but the art is just getting started.

Project Plan:
1. Make it possible to play individual matches single player against up to three AI opponents.
2. Add tech-tree elements and unique building/unit types to fit the theme.
3. Add static art and very basic movement and attack animations.
4. Add some basic game sounds.
5. Release v1.0.

6. Gauge team's skill and interest and create v2.0.
7. Add writers and game designer.
8. Visual polish (eg. UI flair, building animations, idle animations, better water).
9. Add a story mode campaign.
10. Expand music.
11. Audio polish (eg. more/better sounds, voice-acting for the story).
12. Make units move by pixel instead of tile.
13. Simple multiplayer; can connect to friends to play matches together.
14. Add ability to set AI skill level.
15. Release v2.0.

I hope this sounds interesting and fun. I'd love any comments and feedback as well.
Thank you!
Enduinn

Offline Emanosaurus

• View Profile

Re: [2D Artist Wanted] Hobby RTS Team

Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 01:11:49 am
I am interested. Here is some examples of my pixel art:

I would like to know what art style you want, I can give examples in the style.
I also want to know if there is any sort of deadlines.

Offline Enduinn

• View Profile

Re: [2D Artist Wanted] Hobby RTS Team

Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 01:22:15 am
Hey Eman!

Thanks for responding. I'd love to chat further, pm me an email address and I can add you to our Slack. We don't have much art to go off yet, but the theme is post-apocalyptic fantasy so probably leaning toward dim and dirty. As far as the angle of the art, it'll be roughly 50-70° above and about 45° to the side for buildings. Just for the angle and terrain, check out WarCraft II, that's very close to what we need. The tiles are 40x40 pixels so far.

Enduinn