AuthorTopic: Biology is very strange yet mechanical  (Read 9760 times)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Re: Biology is very strange yet mechanical

Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 04:29:48 am
heheh. I know...but...what is the larger subject of the vid? the first part makes me think of the bloodstream...and as far as I know nothing similar goes inside of a cell, so I'm never really sure of what I'm looking at in here...I suppose my best guess is a cell's absoprtion of proteins carried by the bloodstream...but that shows just how much I DONT know wtf is going on XD boy....I should've really memorized the cell theory back in 4th grade instead of just temp-learning it for the exams :p

my favorite parts are definitively when those tendrils start extending in 3d, and when all the little blue particles  come together to form a platform to support for the orange retracted tendrils
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 04:42:22 am by Conceit »

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 04:50:13 am
Hmmm...lemme see if I can tell what each thing is:
-Blood vessel with red blood cells whizzing along and white blood cells rolling along the vessel walls
-a bunch of things I can't identify... perhaps exterior shots of cells being connected and communicating?  I'm not sure.
-more things I can't identify that look more interior-like...
-the next one that looks familiar is the purple spirals, I think is DNA being built.
-next is DNA being cut for use by something
-next is microtubules being built, then taken apart [I think]
-next is something (big blue blob) being carried to another part of the cell along a microtubule [I think]
-then it does some panning, taking in the nucleus, a mitochondria, some microtubules, and other stuff
-next is some messenger RNA being sent out to do stuff (it shoots then curls into rings) [I think]
-then ribosomes hook on to the messenger RNA and read it, using the information to build proteins
-the proteins fly off and hook up with other proteins, heading for the mitochondria
-then a ribosome makes another protein inside some other organelle, I'm not sure what
-I'm not sure what the little blue blobs popping out of a larger blue blob are
-Then we see the Golgi Complex doing its thing
-next is a breif shot of something being transported again, followed by a vacuole evacuating out of the cell
-the stuff that came out is then moved somewhere else and unfolded (don't know what's going on here)
-next is another shot of the blood vessel, with a white blood cell flowing its way out of the bloodstream
-then it goes back to the blood vessel one last time and ends

Okay, if anybody can clarify the things I wasn't sure about, explain what the big blue blobs are, or tell me what the scenes between the blood vessel and the DNA construction are, please do.

And Conceit, almost all of that was inside the cell; I think the only part that was on a cellular scale was the blood vessel part.  If I'm correct, there were a couple parts on the exterior of a cell, but they were on a scale such that the proteins were visible and the cell membrane appeared as a vast plain.  The rest, however, was inside a cell.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 07:48:14 am
aw robalan you are too nice, this kinda attitude is what keeps me coming back here  ;D

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 12:18:50 pm
Heh no problem.  It was good exercize to see if I could bring that biology back; it's been a couple of years since I've had to use it.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 10:40:29 am
Wonder how much time they spend creating the 3D animations.. Aren't they biologists??
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 10:59:04 pm
3d team working with biologists i think. i saw the original post a while ago. and they specialize in medical 3d animation i think?
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 05:54:41 am
original post? you mean here? because I hope you mean on some other comunity which this video came from cause I'll be damned if I just have to accept having no clue what all that stuff is

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 10:41:30 pm
yah it was on another blog/forum/website. i'll try find you a link after i've eaten :D

edit: heres the company that created it: http://www.xvivo.net/press/harvard_university.htm
no proper mention of what all that stuff is (from my skim through) so perhaps you'll just have to accept it and be damned ;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 11:04:27 pm by Akira »
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 11:39:11 pm
 :o That was cool.
Japan + Canada = Japanada

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 12:38:36 am
what makes my brain hurt is that, shouldnt all this stuff have things even SMALLER going on inside of them? does it ever end!?