AuthorTopic: Unofficial Iso Collab 4  (Read 46047 times)

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Re: Unofficial Iso Collab 4

Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 11:15:29 pm
Thank you for your contribution LegoFreak. Your tiles are great and they can stay in the collaboration, but next time please reserve your tiles ahead of time instead of just posting them out of the blue.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 11:41:53 pm
21, 30, 31 and 39 for me dreamisle.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: October 13, 2006, 12:14:37 am
dreamisle: Why must tiles be reserved before being posted?  Nobody had the tiles yet, so what's the difference between posting some done tiles and reserving the tiles then posting them an hour or two later?  As far as I was concerned in the last collab, the main purpose of reserving tiles was to hold your place while you spent time making tiles.  If nothing was in a place, I had no problem with people posting tiles to fill it.  I'm not saying you have to run your collab just like I ran mine, but I'm trying to clarify the rules before this picks up too much momentum.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline dreamisle

• View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #43 on: October 13, 2006, 01:16:52 am
dreamisle: Why must tiles be reserved before being posted?  Nobody had the tiles yet, so what's the difference between posting some done tiles and reserving the tiles then posting them an hour or two later?  As far as I was concerned in the last collab, the main purpose of reserving tiles was to hold your place while you spent time making tiles.  If nothing was in a place, I had no problem with people posting tiles to fill it.  I'm not saying you have to run your collab just like I ran mine, but I'm trying to clarify the rules before this picks up too much momentum.
That's true. I'd just hate for someone to come along and reserve those tiles and be working on them and then we find out that someone else just finished making those tiles but never reserved them first. You know what I mean? If it was an isolated tile or two it would be no problem, but since it's connected to another tile that was already made it's not as simple as just moving them to a different place and letting both pairs in.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #44 on: October 13, 2006, 01:22:46 am
I don't get it dreamisle, why do we need to reserve tiles first? If they're not taken, they're not taken. If someone reserves them and then someone else who didn't reserve comes along with the same tiles, you just give em to the one who reserverd...

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: October 13, 2006, 01:42:52 am
I don't agree with Gil or robalan in this case, not because the solutions offered are not valid, but because systems exist to ensure order.  If one cuts corners in a system, then the system falls apart.  From where i stand, cooperativeness, patience, respect, and discipline are virtues, where rude haste is definately not, so i say were a system of protocol is defined, follow the system at all times, regardless of whether it appears absolutely necessary.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline dreamisle

• View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #46 on: October 13, 2006, 01:47:20 am
I agree with Adarias, and would also like to point out that this specific system is in place to ensure that no one ends up pixeling a masterpiece only to find out 5 minutes later that someone else too the section they wanted, and now their tile won't connect with the other tiles where it should have. If someone had already reserved 7 and 18 and he'd posted those tiles there, they probably wouldn't match up anywhere else because of the lava.

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada

Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 02:09:13 am
Less talk and more pixelling guys... I'll reserve a few more tiles soon. :3

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 02:15:12 am
Less talk and more pixelling guys... I'll reserve a few more tiles soon. :3

Wowies, I clicked on the thread thinking exactly what you said! I must be psychic. Anyhow, hurry up and finish 5, I'm ancy! Or give me something not touching something else, maybe a cluster of squares, i wanna pixel :)
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline dreamisle

• View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 02:36:13 am
Wowies, I clicked on the thread thinking exactly what you said! I must be psychic. Anyhow, hurry up and finish 5, I'm ancy! Or give me something not touching something else, maybe a cluster of squares, i wanna pixel :)
Actually, 5 hasn't been reserved yet, so you can start 6 whenever you want!