AuthorTopic: Unofficial Iso Collab 4  (Read 45924 times)

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Re: Unofficial Iso Collab 4

Reply #70 on: October 16, 2006, 10:22:35 am
I don't know if I should say this but, the last few entrys look kinda rushed.. I really like the one with the flower thing on (Like the one from Mario right?) and I love that little robot but everything else is looking really rushed, like not much thought has gone into em.. The water colour kinda puts me off a bit and the lava looks like jam.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #71 on: October 16, 2006, 11:08:50 am
Terley: I didn't try to rush mine, but I had trouble picking a good color for the water. I know water isn't supposed to be blue like that, but when I tried going more toward the brown lava color, the water kept turning the most unflattering shades of green. Any suggestions on what I may have done wrong?

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: October 16, 2006, 02:04:00 pm
I don't know if I should say this but, the last few entrys look kinda rushed.. I really like the one with the flower thing on (Like the one from Mario right?) and I love that little robot but everything else is looking really rushed, like not much thought has gone into em.. The water colour kinda puts me off a bit and the lava looks like jam.

This man speaks the truth. Apart from the Mario World tiles, and the Golden Warrior and his mound, everything else seems to be trying to pass random line placement (or scribbles) as texture - ignoring any sense of volume - and it really isn't working.

Scotteh

Reply #73 on: October 16, 2006, 02:42:51 pm
i started off wrong, may i do tiles 8 and 20 then do tile 13 when sohashu has finished tile 15?

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #74 on: October 16, 2006, 02:57:09 pm
Scotteh: Sure, but remember that tiles 5 and 21 are in progress as well. You can still reserve the tiles, but be aware that other people will probably be posting nearby tiles really soon.

Faceless/Terley: If you really think it's that bad, I'll do some touching up on mine when I do the next update tonight with the new reserved spaces and stuff.

Offline cave

• Strawberries! :3
    • View Profile
    • Colocada

Reply #75 on: October 16, 2006, 03:59:18 pm

I thought the same thing but felt kinda bad about saying... I think the pallete for the stone could use some reworking, either that or turn it into a cake. Hmm cake <3

Edit: BTW thanks legofreak for redoing the numbers, they were bugging me aswell!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 04:01:15 pm by cave »

Offline rydath

• View Profile

Reply #76 on: October 16, 2006, 04:07:11 pm
I'm kinda a n00b, but can I have 78 and 80? Pwetty Pwease? I'll give you pie. ;)

Offline cave

• View Profile
    • Colocada

Reply #77 on: October 16, 2006, 04:20:10 pm
I'm kinda a n00b, but can I have 78 and 80? Pwetty Pwease? I'll give you pie. ;)

You can only claim connecting tiles of the same color (ie. 65,66,81,80). If you really want 78 then you have to finish it first before claiming 80. Don't ask me why, I didn't make the rules :p

Offline rydath

• View Profile

Reply #78 on: October 16, 2006, 04:31:10 pm
I can understand why that's the case, thanks for clearing that up. I'll just start with 78, then. (Wish me luck  :-[)

Offline cave

• View Profile
    • Colocada

Reply #79 on: October 16, 2006, 05:16:31 pm
Can you please redo tile #13 and post the image at the proper size? Somehow you scaled it down and now it's blurry and we cannot use it that way. After that you may reserve more tiles.

Edit: You may also want to check and make sure that your tile doesn't conflict with whatever Sohashu has been working on for tile 15.

That must have happened not when he made the tile, but when he uploaded it to imageshack.