AuthorTopic: [PORTFOLIO] dot-invasion  (Read 10890 times)

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

[PORTFOLIO] dot-invasion

on: October 09, 2006, 07:17:23 pm
Hi,

My name is Alexandre Renevey and i work for dot-invasion, a cooperative composed of a team of designers and developers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Regarding pixel art, we are used to work on mobile phones, Nintendo GBA & DS, flash games etc...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Our main portfolio is located here: http://www.dot-invasion.com/dinv/portfolio/index_main_p1.html
> Our pixel art works are listed here: http://www.dot-invasion.com/dinv/portfolio/index_2Dpxart_p1.html

> Here are some of our pixel works:

> you can contact us here: http://www.dot-invasion.com/dinv/contact/contact.html
> i am personnaly available here: arenevey [AT] dot-invasion [DOT] com

Thanks for your interest!

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Re: [PORTFOLIO] dot-invasion

Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 12:14:59 am
I just have to say that I love meteor busters!  its been my favorite classic style game ever created.  the sounds, the graphics, the effects, everything is so awesome.

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 12:24:38 am
Thanks a lot ^^

Did you play it on the new PixelBoy by any chance? Many people complained about its original size, but i still like it small. Anyway, it's now displayed in size x2...
Too bad we don't have too much time to work on other PixelBoy games, but if you are interested just take a look at the bottom of the PixelBoy homepage...

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 09:11:39 pm
Oh ! I didn't know you were registered on Pixelation. That makes this place even more cooler ^^

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 10:47:30 pm
haha, actually i noticed that you was around here for a while too... i'm not a big poster though... ^^

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 11:59:42 pm
I have to say, the premise of a volleyball game is always SWEET.

Now go and make a 6 on 6 indoor volleyball game, there's too few of those...

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 10:34:44 pm
haha wow...I just beat meteor busters again and at the final boss, I killed him and died at the same time from another rock...im stuck there now.  you may want to fix that small bug.  im lost in space  :'(

by the way, I love your new website and player.  is that player real this time?  I love how you guys have the meteor busters package too.  are you planning on producing these and selling them as a real console?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:36:44 pm by Joseph »

Offline marmotte

• View Profile
    • dot-invasion

Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 10:51:15 pm
hehe, it looks like i got a great new beta-tester... thanks for the feedback, the next PixelBoy games will be compatible with the PixelBoy buttons to some extent (the older version of the PixelBoy didn't allow that, and so Meteor Busters isn't compatible with the buttons of the new version).

I just wanted to let you know that the PixelBoy is totally FAKE, though i did some efforts to make it look real, indeed  :P ... and remember, the batteries aren't included!
Unfortunately producing a real PixelBoy... doesn't seem... possible. That would mean we would compete with the DS and the PSP, and well, even without those we don't have such an insane budget or even the "power" to do it. The PixelBoy is a funny little thing to play with, and it's totally free (*cough* and that's why we aren't working a lot on those games...)

^ it's mentionned in the PixelBoy site, but if there are some great pixel artists around here willing to produce the art side of a PixelBoy game (any genre etc, even a simple pacman would rock), you know where to ask ^^

(Why not a 6 on 6 indoor volleyball game running on the PixelBoy then, mmh? think about it Gil, haha...)

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 11:32:28 pm
awe that makes me sad to see it isnt, and most likely wont be, real.  excellent work making it look real, it convinced me.  anyway, id be glad to be a beta tester (postal_business@hotmail.com) - and if you ever do make pixelboy real, im sure it would be a pretty big hit for a few reasons:
1.  seeing how it isnt 3D and so far its classic, I would expect its price to be ~40-50$
2.  since it is "so far" classic, it would bring back memories and give the player some idea of what they missed.  plus, who the hell doesnt like classic games.
3.  its a fancy little thing that yes, would cost a lot to get started, but imagine if it actually did start up and get popular.  I bet you could make some sick deals with people on some games.

anyway, just some ideas...
good luck with the rest of your life.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 05:06:56 pm
it's mentionned in the PixelBoy site, but if there are some great pixel artists around here willing to produce the art side of a PixelBoy game (any genre etc, even a simple pacman would rock), you know where to ask ^^

*Added to the "things I would do if week-ends were 5 days long" list*