AuthorTopic: [REV-SHARE] Hobbyist Pixel artist for Giant Robots in False 3D  (Read 1823 times)

Offline RubbishyUsername

• View Profile
Hey, I’m Kieran, and I’m lead developer of a small team working in our spare time on a 10-15 hour PC game in Unity 5. The visual style is inspired by the “false 3D” seen in the original Super Mario Kart or Doom, where 2D sprites are stretched and overlaid to create a unique 3D appearance. Currently though we lack the assets and animations to prove that the effect is working properly, and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for someone to create a handful of animated sprites for the player, enemy, and projectiles so we can take our mostly working prototype to a fully working one. At the moment, I’m thinking that we want 75px sprites with a fairly bright but not cartoony art style, but that’s all open to negotiation.

So maybe you’re interested but you’re wondering whether there’s a game behind that 90s tech demo. There is, and it’s about bullet dodging with a healthy dose of weapon management and button pressing. (That means there’s some HUD work that needs doing as well if you’re up to it). As for theme, we’re going for a kind of Californian surfing, spaghetti western, 50s Rockabilly motif. With giant robots.

If we get on really well, and you don’t mind tying up some of your free time working on it, then there’s plenty of other art that needs doing over the course of the following months. The HUD needs doing, we need full-body character art, there’s splash screens and menus, logos, and plenty more. The more you do, the more we’ll pay you, and any art that you make we’re happy for you to redistribute in your portfolio or for merchandising.

If you’re interested or have any questions, contact me at kwaddy1 [AT] gmail.com.

Offline RubbishyUsername

• View Profile

Re: [REV-SHARE] Hobbyist Pixel artist for Giant Robots in False 3D

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:58:32 am
I'm still looking for artists!