AuthorTopic: [PAID][CLOSED] Pixel Art for 2D Game  (Read 4453 times)

Offline summonstrike

• View Profile

[PAID][CLOSED] Pixel Art for 2D Game

on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:50 pm
I am looking for a Pixel Artist to re-create and improve 15-30 high quality character icons so my game has a more consistent look and feel.

If you're interested, please private message me your price/rate.

Character Set: http://bit.ly/2dhkQYd

All icons are 32x32 PNG format. No animations. Payment via Pay Pal.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:43:38 am by summonstrike »

Offline luckymee777

• View Profile

Re: [PAID][OPEN] Pixel Art for 2D Game

Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 04:02:41 am
pm sent, ^_^

Offline ImaginaryMan

• ImaginaryMon
    • https://www.deviantart.com/imaginarymon
    • View Profile
    • My Store

Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:05:46 am
PM sent! :)
My Work: https://www.instagram.com/davishillll/

My Discord: ImaginaryMan#5148

Offline Loktarius

• Jorge Peral - Illustrator/2D Artist
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 08:43:11 am
I've sent you a PM :D.

Offline Animator

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 08:53:17 pm
PM sent.

Offline ThePixelMonster

• 2D/3D Artist & Animator
    • indieworx
    • https://www.facebook.com/thepixelmonster
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 02:00:20 am
The last time this person was "hiring" I sent in a sample, they didn't respond for a very long time (6 days) and once they did it was to ask me of rates and for an additional sample, so I followed through which isn't something I typically do, but I was feeling generous and I had some time to kill... I did a rough sample, wasn't liked by the guy (OP) and so I redid that to something a little more fitting.

I was then asked for more samples of my own work (portfolio) which I shared...

I followed up a day or so later with the response of "we're thinking" and I responded in kind to ask if they would let me know once they were done thinking even if they went with another artist. I never heard back from them at all. I have no idea why but I did provide my lowest indie friendly rates which they said were competitive too.

Here are the samples that I created for this person's work, which are better in my opinion, than what they ended up paying for which is the character set sample shared in the OP's post. Anyway, here were my rough samples of sprites  based on the true original ones. Also note that I ended up just using them for something else anyway because I never heard back from the OP:

I just wanted to share my experience. Maybe there was a good reason, maybe not, but just note that this happened, however I have managed to use the work that I did with something else anyway with a few tweaks here and there so it wasn't a complete waste of my time.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:52:05 am by jun »

Offline summonstrike

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 03:35:16 am
The last time this person was "hiring" I sent in a sample, they didn't respond for a very long time (6 days) and once they did it was to ask me of rates and for an additional sample, so I followed through which isn't something I typically do, but I was feeling generous and I had some time to kill... I did a rough sample, wasn't liked by the guy and so I redid that to something a little more fitting.

I was then asked for more samples of my own work (portfolio) which I shared...

I followed up a day or so later with the response of "we're thinking" and I responded in kind to ask if they would let me know once they were done thinking even if they went with another artist. I never heard back from them at all. I have no idea why but I did provide my lowest indie friendly rates which they said were competitive too.

Here are the samples that I created for this person's work, which are better in my opinion, than what they ended up paying for which is the character set sample shared in the OP's post. Anyway, here were my rough samples of sprites  based on the true original ones. Also note that I ended up just using them for something else anyway because I never heard back from:

I just wanted to share my experience. Maybe there was a good reason, maybe not, but just note that this happened, however I have managed to use the work that I did with something else anyway with a few tweaks here and there so it wasn't a complete waste of my time.

Hi ThePixelMonster, the project went on hiatus for almost a year. I'm sorry no one got back to you.  Your icons look great!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:52:21 am by summonstrike »

Offline summonstrike

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 03:43:12 am
It's my first time using Pixelation and it has been by far a great experience.  Thanks to those that PM'd for this project.

Offline ThePixelMonster

• 2D/3D Artist & Animator
    • indieworx
    • https://www.facebook.com/thepixelmonster
    • View Profile

Re: [PAID][CLOSED] Pixel Art for 2D Game

Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 05:36:14 pm
I see, well yes it was over on Pixeljoint that I was first in touch with you guys. I hope things work out, you should definitely try and fix communication especially within your team as it looks like there may have been multiple people handling things at that time and people slipping through the cracks due to the bad communication, you can burn some bridges that way. Other than that, I hope you manage to get the sprites that you need.