AuthorTopic: Some Works of mine  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Some Works of mine

on: October 08, 2006, 06:43:12 pm
Haven't posted in quite a while because I've been stalking you all  :-X. Apart from that while stalking I got to try my hopefully improved more pimpolous pixel art.  :mean:

I''ll start with my Runescapish Sprite (I don't play Runescape but I have always wanted to make a sucessfull piece)
Harsh Crit for this one please. O and ignore the chest I was trying using the colours again to blend it in a new one  :lol:.

And now my Pinyata..  :-\ Well I'd call it a Bull dog but hey :P

EDIT: Thanks Ter for posting and giving me that link.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Re: Some Works of mine

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 11:40:11 am
BUMP

(If its allowed)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:34:49 pm
Not after a single day it's not. But anyway. About the first piece: As this forum has told you numerous times, practise real-life skills and anatomy a lot, before attempting a realistic human representation. Right now I can't offer pixel-art critique until the former are more stable.

I like the Pinyatta more because the forms show well, the colors are varied and pleasant even without any AA or shading to speak of. This sort of subject you were able to capture quite well. I'd suggest cleaning and AAing the black lines a bit, as well as some simple from above lightsourcing. It's within or close-to-within your skill to try it at this time, I think. Yell at me if you want an edit.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 03:29:55 pm
Thanks Helm for the harsh but damn well needed CC. Okay I know I'm not good at representing a human figure in proportion on paint but I dont know what you meen. I draw doodles everyday of stick men as in anatomical ones. My art teacher says my anatomy is quite good for the small humans I draw. And Helm ummm did I use the right colours to show the human realisticly?.

And for the second one I thought I wasnt actually doing anything good :S. I was though choosing my colours carefully but overall it took me like 20-30mins.

But thanks Helm O and please touch up both of them if ya want ;).

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 04:16:32 am
"Anatomical Stick figures" don't really cut it in terms of anatomical knowledge. Use references when you draw. Copy them without tracing, but make sure you learn from what you're doing as well. Learn where the muscles are and how they connect. Draw people you see sitting across from you when you...sit.
Ah, you get it, right?

On the person:
He's got extremely meaty upper arms. The shirt looks like he rolled around in something nasty. You might want to try dithering less on small pieces, as it tends to just confuse things. The head is...wierd. I can tell what it is, and where the eyes are, but no thanks to the muddlage you've made of the face.

On the Pinata:
Not much to say on this that helm hasn't said. The > side looks like the fore and hind legs have nothing between them... and I think the > leg could use more yellow hilight.

Thassit. Keep it up.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 07:02:45 pm
Okay thanks  ;D.

I know now whats wrong the person. Umm I am thinking about doing a quick finish to the pinata but at the moment I might aswell do some drawing of people. IŽll post them here soon THANKS!  ;)

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 02:18:26 am

And now my Pinyata..  :-\ Well I'd call it a Bull dog but hey :P

EDIT: Thanks Ter for posting and giving me that link.

Best pixel art ever :)
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 09:16:14 pm
Here is a updates version of the BullDog I'm gonna fix it up soon more. I have to do a Science project first so early tuesday there should be an update.

And something just random,
Still not antamoiclly correct but here though XD.

Offline Lackey

• remember to drink cure potions
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 05:56:02 pm
I highly recommend drawing the entire figure before you start filling it out, even if it's just a gesture drawing.   Do a quick stick figure with arms and legs in place.  I know I used to draw like this; head, body below head, legs below body, etc. and it never looks like anything but a collection of human parts.  It's also important to do this if you want a figure that looks like it occupies space and isn't pressed flat.

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 03:49:24 pm
I quit that drawing lol :P. I'm gonna make another one. It will be inspired by Zach  :-* KISS 2 U! XD.
I made a cute anime line which I can show you guys l8r.