AuthorTopic: [C+C] Need to spruce up this rebar-wielding thug  (Read 1613 times)

Offline tpendle

• View Profile

[C+C] Need to spruce up this rebar-wielding thug

on: September 29, 2016, 11:48:57 am
Hey folks,

So I'm trying to come up with some sort of thug character swinging a piece of rebar with a concrete chunk :P I'm not sure I love the colours and the whole character looks a little... wobbly to me, if that makes any sense. I'm looking for any tips, pointer or edits that might help me understand where I'm going wrong :) Thanks guys!

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [C+C] Need to spruce up this rebar-wielding thug

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 06:17:04 pm
Give him a slight hunch away from the bar and crouch him a bit to give the rebar a weightier look, like he's struggling to drag it. That's what i'd do!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: [C+C] Need to spruce up this rebar-wielding thug

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:40:28 pm
If he's letting it drag across the ground it would be farther back from him, his left arm stretched farther back to pull it.

Also, your dark background melts into the dark clothing colors too much on my monitor. Something to consider if you want to be able to read the character.

Where was he right before this snapshot in time and where will he be right after?
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.