AuthorTopic: [REVSHARE]Lets create a steam game in 2 weeks (Pixel Artist Partner Wanted)  (Read 4957 times)

Offline Naret

• "make one game a week" - Rami Ismail / Vlambeer
    • View Profile
The topic pretty much hits it. I'm a programmer and I'd like to create some small but nice game in my vacation and try to get it greenlit afterwards.
I'm open to suggestion regarding the actual game.
Drop me a message if you'd like to join me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:54:59 pm by Naret »
"make one game a week" - Rami Ismail / Vlambeer

Offline Naret

• View Profile
After one week I have a tiny luftrausers and a hotline miami wannabe... but all with dots and boxes.
I'm open for suggestions what other games I could clone until some pixelgod joins.

Drop Your Ideas After The Beep.

*BEEP*

Offline Logodum

• View Profile
Make a base defence type of game. Maybe set in the medieval times

Offline Naret

• View Profile
as I'm not an artist, I was making a tower defense with basic shapes, mid way an artist joined, replaced some art as you can see:

and then just disappeared  ???

Next artist wanted to make a shump.... no sign of life for 3 nights now...
if you dare, you can try it out and guess which part is stock art from the "Tiled" editor and what part was contributed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r03xzegdhflq9pu/PDB20161005.7z?dl=0
(you need a gamepad, but even then, it's in a very early stage with place holders)

Offline Naret

• View Profile
*bump*
I've created some smaller games.
now I'm up to create some Isaac'ish game. Any pixel artist up for the challenge?

Offline squareaddict

• View Profile
I would like to play your games myself and work with one of them. I want to do something simple, that will not take us long to finish. This is my portfolio where you also have my contact details: https://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=24254.0

Offline Naret

• View Profile
thx for your reply, I wrote you a pm (your portfolio thread only has an e-mail address, no chat possibility, unless I miss something)

Offline masterzenith

• Always looking for something to draw
    • BuffoTheArtClown
    • View Profile
I just had an odd conversation with this person on Discord.

I was trying to get to know him, but all he wanted were my game ideas. He didn't seem to care at all about cultivating any sort of relationship. He just kept asking for game ideas. Anytime I asked him questions, he was very suspicious of my questioning, as if I was going to steal his code or something. He was asking for my game ideas before I could even introduce myself and give him my name. This person isn't someone I feel comfortable with entering into any revshare contract with.

Maybe he's just young or inexperienced, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Best of luck in the future!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:14:41 pm by masterzenith »

Offline Naret

• View Profile
I just had an odd conversation with this person on Discord.

I was trying to get to know him, but all he wanted were my game ideas. He didn't seem to care at all about cultivating any sort of relationship. He just kept asking for game ideas. Anytime I asked him questions, he was very suspicious of my questioning, as if I was going to steal his code or something. He was asking for my game ideas before I could even introduce myself and give him my name. This person isn't someone I feel comfortable with entering into any revshare contract with.

Maybe he's just young or inexperienced, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Best of luck in the future!

From my side:
He started with "I have tons of ideas for unique, fun games. I just need a programmer to help make them a reality "
so I've offered to help create his games and asked what he wants to create.
But then he started to ask random stuff, I've replied and asked why that is important, he said it's not, but if he has to spent 40h/week to make my game, he wants to have conversations. I said, we're talking because he wanted me to make his game. And then he started to judge me ("You are inexperienced ..." etc.) and he won't tell me his ideas.
 ???

Offline CrimsonRed

• View Profile
I can help if ya need me too many replies lol