AuthorTopic: 10 color face  (Read 3518 times)

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

10 color face

on: October 07, 2006, 07:21:56 pm
i made this for a pallete challenge on Game Over. 10 colors including trans.

Offline Toby

• View Profile
    • SKEZblog

Re: 10 color face

Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:13:55 pm
10 colors? For this piece you could have easily gone with as little as 6 colors.

There are shades of color that are either unnoticeable or could have been done with an already existing shade. There's also some inconsistensy in your ligthing. The shade on the hat is rather dark, whereas it's very light on the face, it's an odd contrast if you assume that both the face and hat have the same lightsource.

I also find the color sceme to be rather dull. You had 10 colors to use, so why not utilize them with a bit more imagination?

I'm also finding the shading on the neck kinda wierd.

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 08:35:50 pm
10 colors? For this piece you could have easily gone with as little as 6 colors.

There are shades of color that are either unnoticeable or could have been done with an already existing shade. There's also some inconsistensy in your ligthing. The shade on the hat is rather dark, whereas it's very light on the face, it's an odd contrast if you assume that both the face and hat have the same lightsource.

I also find the color sceme to be rather dull. You had 10 colors to use, so why not utilize them with a bit more imagination?

I'm also finding the shading on the neck kinda wierd.
okay, i'll try to fix those things. and we had to make a face. can't get to imaginative with a human head.

Offline Toby

• View Profile
    • SKEZblog

Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 10:07:30 pm
okay, i'll try to fix those things. and we had to make a face. can't get to imaginative with a human head.

Yes you can. There are multiple ways of approaching every given theme in art. You could go with the realistic look, looking for the right skin shades and whatnot, or you could take an artsy aproach and experiment with colors or you could go oldschool and try simplifying. Endless possibilities and a lot of room for imagination. And with 10 colors for a single face, you can achieve a lot.