AuthorTopic: Graphics tablet for pixel art?  (Read 12377 times)

Offline yrizoud

• View Profile

Re: Graphics tablet for pixel art?

Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 11:28:49 am
Battery-free stylus is very good, because it is as light as a pencil.

By the way, has anybody tried the tablets with added "touch" functionality ? (Wacom "Pen and Touch", etc.) I've wondered if it was actually good when drawing, or an expensive gadget which gets in the way.

Offline Curly

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 04:45:12 pm
I have an old Wacom Bamboo medium size (I bought it for 60€) and never use the mouse for pixelart, it's more comfortable to me even when placing single pixels. Also I don't think I need anything more expensive or bigger than this, it works fine.

Offline Yuushia

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 07:36:47 am
By the way, has anybody tried the tablets with added "touch" functionality ? (Wacom "Pen and Touch", etc.) I've wondered if it was actually good when drawing, or an expensive gadget which gets in the way.

I have a Wacom Pen & Touch Medium, and to be honest I didn't ever used "touch" function. Mostly because the drivers are bugged on windows 8 and windows 10, so I didn't have the opportunity to put it in practice. But I don't feel like I am missing something tbh.

Offline jalonso67

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 04:21:45 am
I use the XP-Pen Star G430 https://www.xp-pen.com/product/46.html drawing tablet all the way through most of the time. sometimes I'll switch to mouse for details but not often. tablet is much more efficient for sketching out a piece though.
 I can't live without it and have use it for years almost exclusively. They do everything a mouse can do and more and your hands don't ever hurt.
There is a slight learning curve, which is small. Imo, a cheap pen beats the best mouse. The common opinion that using a pen to rough and mouse to detail is and will always be confusing to me. Especially for pixel pushing.