AuthorTopic: Graphics tablet for pixel art?  (Read 4130 times)

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • angusdoolanart
    • View Profile

Re: Graphics tablet for pixel art?

Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 03:39:09 am
I'm using an intuos (4) also. They're great. Wacom is pretty much the standard and you can expect it to work for everything. Don't need much in terms of sensitivity to do pixel art though so really any tablet is going to function more or less the same. Main advantage of the wacoms is no battery in the pens.

Offline yrizoud

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 11:28:49 am
Battery-free stylus is very good, because it is as light as a pencil.

By the way, has anybody tried the tablets with added "touch" functionality ? (Wacom "Pen and Touch", etc.) I've wondered if it was actually good when drawing, or an expensive gadget which gets in the way.

Offline Curly

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 04:45:12 pm
I have an old Wacom Bamboo medium size (I bought it for 60) and never use the mouse for pixelart, it's more comfortable to me even when placing single pixels. Also I don't think I need anything more expensive or bigger than this, it works fine.

Offline Yuushia

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 07:36:47 am
By the way, has anybody tried the tablets with added "touch" functionality ? (Wacom "Pen and Touch", etc.) I've wondered if it was actually good when drawing, or an expensive gadget which gets in the way.

I have a Wacom Pen & Touch Medium, and to be honest I didn't ever used "touch" function. Mostly because the drivers are bugged on windows 8 and windows 10, so I didn't have the opportunity to put it in practice. But I don't feel like I am missing something tbh.

Offline jalonso67

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 04:21:45 am
I use the XP-Pen Star G430 https://www.xp-pen.com/product/46.html drawing tablet all the way through most of the time. sometimes I'll switch to mouse for details but not often. tablet is much more efficient for sketching out a piece though.
 I can't live without it and have use it for years almost exclusively. They do everything a mouse can do and more and your hands don't ever hurt.
There is a slight learning curve, which is small. Imo, a cheap pen beats the best mouse. The common opinion that using a pen to rough and mouse to detail is and will always be confusing to me. Especially for pixel pushing.