AuthorTopic: Arke's Random Pixelart Thread  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Arkenova

• Queen of Shenanigans
    • arkenova89
    • omegaearthzx
    • Arkenova
    • arkenova
    • View Profile

Arke's Random Pixelart Thread

on: August 26, 2016, 02:48:30 am

My first pixelart piece to be put in a Pixelation forum is this character sprite of Lemmy Koopa that I had recently finished. I'm really curious on how you guys would view it though; any suggestions for me to follow through with? Like is there anything in terms of how the shading should be and whatnot? Any concerns you want to bring up? Please let me know, your criticism helps out a lot for a rising pixel artist such as myself among many others.  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:05:29 am by Arkenova »
~ Lead, Concept Art (Characters), Pixelart (Not General), Writer: DragonBlossom (3+ yrs.) ~

Offline BadMoodTaylor

• Lou Bagel: Combo Number Five!
    • @LouBagelCombo5
    • LouBagel
    • View Profile
    • Lou Bagel: Combo Number 5

Re: Arke's Random Pixelart Thread

Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 03:02:31 pm
Just wanted to say I think it looks awesome and I really like your style. No advice to give as it seems you are much better than me.

I did notice the shoulder spike looks a little awkward. Feel like it could be angled down more and blends a little with the gray behind it.
Here to learn pixel art.  Feedback always appreciated.

Offline Arkenova

• Queen of Shenanigans
    • arkenova89
    • omegaearthzx
    • Arkenova
    • arkenova
    • View Profile

Re: Arke's Random Pixelart Thread

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 06:22:54 pm
Hmm, yeah, that needs to be fixed, but I already could see several more of visual mistakes that needs addressing. Oh and another thing, thanks for the compliment; I had been doing it for several years (On and off in 2008, 2010, but solid in from 2013 and onwards).

Anybody can be an awesome pixel artist as long as they keep going and improve. You can do it as long as you keep at it!  ;)
~ Lead, Concept Art (Characters), Pixelart (Not General), Writer: DragonBlossom (3+ yrs.) ~