AuthorTopic: Graphic Gale first try :D  (Read 6855 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: Graphic Gale first try :D

Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 12:06:25 pm
Hey people, keep it on topic or I will start deleting posts.

As for the picture, I think the perspective of the whole thing is rather confusing, the rocks look like they are on a horizontal plain, while the grass and ground look like they are on a vertical one (as if it were painted on a wall).
The coloring is nothing special right now. You could study tiles from different games and see how they do it.
Can't really tell the purpose of the picture, so I guess you can ignore this on your choice, but I would lose the black outlines on the rocks, and leave the background set back as a background.

Good luck with your next thing and hope you enjoy pixelling
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:23:39 pm by Panda »

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 02:03:54 am
omg itz my first try using pc. lol look @ u post.

umm, i use gale myself...but a program really does not determine your actually ability and knowledge of the medium. i can pixel just as well in ms paint, or in photoshop as i can in gale...its just a matter of preference. So im not judging this piece on your first time using gale because that is completely irrelevant. As simplistic as this is, the rocks are cute, i like them. The grass and dirt however need more substance.
I  know a program doesn't determine my spriting skills, i the subject  i just forgot to say that i like the facilities it brings to pixel art, such as layers, and such on. :P but yeah with your comment about the pc, make me realize that i forgot to post certain stuff, like the one i just mentioned.

As for the picture, I think the perspective of the whole thing is rather confusing, the rocks look like they are on a horizontal plain, while the grass and ground look like they are on a vertical one (as if it were painted on a wall).
The coloring is nothing special right now. You could study tiles from different games and see how they do it.

woah, that make me realize about the perspective , also their is no purpose for the picture it was just to test the functions of Graphic Gale.

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 03:53:22 am
woah, that make me realize about the perspective , also their is no purpose for the picture it was just to test the functions of Graphic Gale.
then why did you post it?
alexander