AuthorTopic: [CC] Pixelart Cards  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Vertigo

• View Profile

[CC] Pixelart Cards

on: August 21, 2016, 12:41:44 pm
Hello everyone, it's been a while since my last post, but nevermind.

I started making standard card deck with characters from Devolver Digital's games. I would like to hear your thoughts and something like this :D

And if you could be so kind and just tell me, what's wrong and what should I change ect. without your versions. They are depressing, when I see someone making the same thing better and faster than me :D

My first card was guy from "Downwell". There is only one card, where I show all body of character. I wanted to make a background reminding this one in game:

Second one is Baron Dashforth from "Foul Play" and I'm pretty proud of this one:

Third is Talos from "The Talos Principle" (with background based on "Sigils of Elohim") and yeah, it's diamond sword from Minecraft:

This is Ronin from... well... "Ronin" I wanted to show main mechanics of game: lights and projectiles:

The last one is Jacket from "Hotline Miami". I'm not satisfied with it at all. I tried to remind last scene from first game, when Jacket after killing boss, goes on a balcony and smoke a cigarette. I wanted to show smoke changing into blood and forming this symbol, but as I said, I don't like the results:

Here are my versions of numbers and letters:

Okay, you won. This one was my first one. Bunnylord from "NOT A HERO", but he is my great fail and I'm too lazy to make new. He doesn't count. Don't look at him, he's shy. One day. I will finish him.

So, what do you think about it? :D

Offline Vertigo

• View Profile

Re: [CC] Pixelart Cards

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 05:12:12 pm
So, I've made Jack od Diamonds, Gol-lath from "Titan Souls", but I'm not sure about his hands and also I don't have any idea about background for this one. Any ideas, guys?

Offline Vertigo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:18:45 pm
I Don't have deference there. So sad... :(

So this is Hades from rather new game "Okhlos". I'm not sure about this background (again):

Offline Curly

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:51:42 pm
The pose is a little awkward in the Downwell and Hotline Miami, and there are some contrast issues in the Downwell boots, Hotline miami mask/blood and Foul Play skin/background that affect readability.
The head of the robot in the Thalos Principle card could be improved. The sword looks too tiny.
The last two look better :y: