AuthorTopic: 2d Top-Down Tileset in NEED!  (Read 3971 times)

Offline NicoX

• nicoxgraal
    • View Profile
    • Shinypixelgames

2d Top-Down Tileset in NEED!

on: August 20, 2016, 03:55:39 pm
Hello together,

for our new MMO we need a Top-Down 2D Tileset.
I would like to pay for a complete or even in-complete tileset. The tileset shouldn't be public, too.

You can PM me anytime, or even reach me on skype (nicoxgraal)

Thanks alot!
Yours sincerely,

Nico

Offline Loktarius

• Jorge Peral - Illustrator/2D Artist
    • View Profile

Re: 2d Top-Down Tileset in NEED!

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 12:05:39 pm
I've sent you a PM.

Offline gutpriince

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 06:26:30 am
Not sure if you're still looking, but I PMed you.

Offline tandemar

• @tandemar
    • tandemar
    • tandemar
    • tandemar
    • simonbutler57
    • View Profile
    • Tandemar's Tumblr page

Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 05:02:17 pm
Be prepared for unprofessional behaviour from the outset.

I contacted Nicox on October 4th regarding the topdown tileset and other graphics related to this project, Avalonia.

Initially everything seemed very positive, we discussed a wide variety of topics related to the project and the the industry in general.
(I have worked in the games industry since 1983 so I do know one or two things about game development.)

We discussed tile sizes, customisation etc and everything did seem to be heading in a good direction.

We finally agreed a daily rate, which while much lower than usual industry standard was acceptable to us both for a trial period.

We agreed what would need to be done for an initial batch of graphics and agreed to speak again the next day.

The following day  I started work on the graphics we had discussed.

I had a few minor queries I wished to clarify and tried to contact Nicox via skype, the method we had used to agree upon our collaboration.

No reply.
I left a message saying that I had one or two questions and would be available throughout the weekend.

Again, nothing.

In the next seven days I tried to contact him seven more times, twice even making a direct skype call that was subsequently cut off very rapidly.

I asked for a reply, saying I wished to discuss matters and even stated my concerns regarding the lack of communication.

I realise any number of things could have prevented in depth conversation regarding the project, but a simple text or skype message stating "unavoidably detained, will be in touch" or some similar message might have alleviated any upset or aggravation.

Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps something has happened to prevent such professional behavior or maybe my expectations of decency and common courtesy are out of line?

All I can say is that if you do get involved, then be aware that the lines of communication seem to go only one way.
You may find yourself working on something that goes nowhere and is a waste of time and totally unprofitable.

Be warned.

I have subsequently been notified that Nicox was on vacation and did not know he needed to inform me.
If somebody is potentially working for you, they need to know when you are available or unavailable for discussion otherwise confusion arises.
"On vacation" was obviously too difficult a message to send.

I offered to remove this post and try to start again without further problems.
Our "working" relationship is now terminated.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:34:12 pm by tandemar »

Offline thewizard

• Programmer, Pixel Artist, Animator and more
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 08:19:13 pm
I would have to reply and say the same thing happen to be me with Nico as what happen to tandemar i was in contact for about a week creating assets before communication stopped all together he said he was on vacation as well how ever this was weeks and weeks ago so i dont know what to think here.

Offline masterzenith

• Always looking for something to draw
    • BuffoTheArtClown
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 05:16:03 am
I sent them an email inquiring about doing the job, and got a very, very unprofessional email insulting my artistic abilities without letting me respond. Telling me to "get better before contacting any other employers". This was their first response email, by the way.

Avoid these guys at all costs. Very unprofessional, and I bet you won't get paid, either.