AuthorTopic: [Profit Sharing] Need Pixel Artist / Animator in RPG Project.  (Read 2637 times)

Offline APM

• Lemons
    • @Andre_APM
    • Andre-APM
    • andre-apm
    • andre.apm.50
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog
Hello people! I'm André A. P. Marques, an artist and writer, you can see some of my work in my website: http://www.andreapm.com/(whooops, writing page is still blank, sorry)

I'm here to call people to help me in my big project...
Updated 08/15/2016

Created in 2014, it's stuck because of the lack of progress from the past team. For months I did my best to make this game a truth. But I'm not a programmer, not a composer, I'm just a creator of stories and characters.

It'll be an atmospheric RPG based on EarthBound/UnderTale/The Legend of Zelda game mechanics and visuals, with a deep storyline and well developed characters. (And references... everywhere!)

Technical Information (what you want/need to see):

• Name: Lonely (LoNELY);
  • Genre: Singleplayer RPG;
  • Engine: Game Maker Studio (YoYo Games);
  • Platform: PC, Mac and Linux?
  • Languages: English (of course), and Portuguese;
  • Type of request: Work for profit sharing (plus team complete  = crowdfunding campaign!)
  • Project duration: Approximately 1 to 3 years (depends of the team);
  • Methods of contact: Skype, Slack, Trello;
  • Files sharing and management: BitBucket(GIT), Google Drive.

---

The history and concept :

Introduction available here: https://tapastic.com/series/LoNELY  (Oh yes! Comics!)

The game takes place in another universe, where the protagonist (Hugo) appears, but no one is waiting for him. It's about getting hope, pass through inside difficulties and make friends (but not everybody wants a friend...). The rest is a bunch of spoilers... sorry, again.  (StoryUpdated)

---

Game mechanics

Additional stats will be added, such as:

• Self confidence (the player itself);
  • Confidence (with NPCs);
and...
  • Hope (with the world);
(different from UnderTale, we won't have "LOVE", just the good and old "Level").

Battle system undefined, but we sure that:

• Enemies/NPCs can be defeated or spared... Yeah, it'll have it will have consequences (hehehe...);
  • Each one will have a different attack default, and a different music(at least the main NPCs);

---

What I need:

• A programmer: to do the coding stuff (it's like 60% of the game developing, I know it);
  • A composer: to do the soundtrack (it's like 50 % of the game experience. Hey, it's an atmospheric game!);
  • A Pixel Artist: I need help to make all the objects, sprites, scenery and interface visuals (it's too much for just one artist);

The current team:

• Me: André A.P. Marques (Story, Art, Level and Character Design);
  • Lenilson Jr. (Web Developer, Project Manager).
  • Max (Programmer);
  • Adam (Programmer);
  • Justin (Composer);

*All members will be able to suggest things for the story, level, and character designs (but let's follow the main concept, ok?).

---

All game developers interested in this big project, please, contact me via this form:
https://form.jotformz.com/61478838568677(It's just easier to see all the information).

---

Quick FAQ

• What I'll win joining your team?
Well, it's a profit sharing project, if everybody do a good work, everybody wins! Once the team is complete, we will launch a crowdfunding campaign, to help us getting resources (and motivation ) to develop the game.

• What will be the game engine / programming language?
As I said before: Game Maker Studio (GML language);

• It'll be a UnderTale fangame??!!!
Well... ... no. If LoNELY was a fangame of UnderTale, Toby Fox's game would be EarthBound 2;

• 1 to 3 years?! Are you serious?
Hey, it's a BIG  RPG project with a deep storyline and unique game mechanics, not a plataform shooter with random level generator;

• References?! Where?
Everywhere, I mean EVERYWHERE!

---

That's all folks! I HOPE you're liked my game project! Maybe one day you'll be able to play it!

See you soon! :D

and again...

All game developers interested in this big project, please, contact me via this form:
https://form.jotformz.com/61478838568677 (It's just easier to see all the information).
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:46:16 pm by APM »

Offline fanifacation

• View Profile
Heya, the name's Parker. Im an earthbound style artist and im willing to help your project. Here is my portfolio, https://fanifacation.carbonmade.com my gmail is in the portfolio.

Im also going to give you some advice as well. Just so that later your not hurt by it I'll tell you, frankly put, 50-80% of the stuff in the concept images will probably be needing a huge overhaul on appearance and style. When it comes to a disign of something the entire game needs to keep the same looks. 

For an example from undertale all battles have a very odd and simple style with bouncy movements. An example from earthbound is how all characters on the overworld have a similar apearence with the contrast with mosters only there to signify the level of difference there is.

Sorry, i bet that this sounds like a huge rant. Anyway, the basic point im coming to is if im gonna work with you i want it to be clear on styles as, in my own artistic opinion, its one of the most important parts to communicate.

Send me a message and we can discuss what you'd like me to do for you specifically.

Thank you and have a great day
-Parker.

Offline APM

• Lemons
    • @Andre_APM
    • Andre-APM
    • andre-apm
    • andre.apm.50
    • View Profile
    • Art Blog

Re: [Profit Sharing] Need Pixel Artist / Animator in RPG Project.

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 11:02:41 pm
Topic updated!
We need a Pixel Artist / Animator!