AuthorTopic: [C+C] Sci-fi Power Suit  (Read 1602 times)

Offline zoekmath

• Zielach_
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/155410.htm
    • View Profile

[C+C] Sci-fi Power Suit

on: August 03, 2016, 03:40:20 pm

Hey guys, I've made this sci-fi character and I'd like to see your opinion.

Is the anatomy right? I haven't practiced that a lot.

Offline ArcticPhreeze

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Sci-fi Power Suit

Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 04:25:18 pm
In terms of anatomy, you've got the motion right but studying the appendages would do you best.

His hands and feet are both very tiny for his body, and his arms especially are short. That being said the suit itself is very hard to read, especially because of the color.

I'm assuming you want the 'Tron' look with the white lines, right? If that's the case, don't be afraid to make them exceptionally pop. The way to do that is to darken the actual suit itself, take a look at this picture (linked instead of posted because of the size of the picture) Tron Suits

By having the suit at such a light grey color, you're undermining the detail of the white lines. But don't just litter them around the suit like you have right now, it looks very cluttered and aimless, like they were randomly placed as I'm sure they must have been. Notice in the Tron suits that the neon colors follow a continuous form, they appear to accent the suit by trailing on the figures' anatomy.

Aside from that, do some research on fabrics. If he was coming from that angle, the cape would actually be swaying the opposite direction.

That's my two cents.

Offline zoekmath

• Zielach_
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/155410.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] Sci-fi Power Suit

Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 05:19:22 pm

I wasn't planning on doing it on a tron style, just an armor with lights, but even though that suggestion was useful.
The cape is on the oppossite direction intentionally, to describe he's surrounding an enemy.
I don't think his arms are so short, as they are bent.
Do you think his hands are ok? It's kind of hard for me to do that.
Thanks for these suggestions.