AuthorTopic: I get no replies?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline zoekmath

• Zielach_
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/155410.htm
    • View Profile

I get no replies?

on: July 31, 2016, 09:57:29 am
I know it sounds stupid to discuss this, but I haven't got a single reply since 25/07 (6 days ago).
And in that time I've posted an edit and 2 more drawings.
I doubt that it's because my art is perfect, but I would appreciate some critique because it really helps.
I've seen everyone else get critique, so it's strange that I don't get any.

jun

Re: I get no replies?

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:30:48 am
No one is entitled to replies/critique here. People help each other on their own accord.
With that said, you double-post and also bump for no reason, I'd recommend not doing that.
Also, your attitude in the past wasn't the best when you were offered critique. Maybe it's related, maybe not. We'll never know. Again, no one is being paid to offer help here. People do it because they want to, on their own accord.
Regardless, I'd advise against making these threads as they have no point, and there's no discussion to be had.

Have a good day :)

Offline zoekmath

• Zielach_
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 11:17:58 am
I see. Well, I'll try to be more receptive with the critique in the future (if I get any). Critique is really important for me, even if it doesn't look like, I want to learn from my mistakes to get better, but if I don't see any mistakes, I guess that's a problem.
Thanks for your reply.

Edit: I think that I should apologize for causing so many problems and wasting your time. And thank everyone who has helped me. I can't thank what you did for me with words I guess, so I'll thank you improving.
I'll practise every day so much time, I hope I can thank you with this.

Edit 2: I've decided that from now on I'll try and modify EVERYTHING that you think that could be improved. I've been very stupid for ignoring some of the suggestions. But that won't happen again. If you guys give me a second chance, I swear that I'll do whatever changes you suggest. I've realized how stupid have I been and how useful suggestions are.
Please, give me a second chance.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:07:19 pm by zoekmath »

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 08:44:01 am
Well, there is no need for extremes like that (doing everything we say is not a prerequisite to having a good experience here... though listening to the really good advice by more experienced artists also does not hurt, ignoring it will only make you improve your skill much more slowly).

It is true that you seem overly defensive and reluctant to make changes but everyone, including the artist, is of course entitled to their own opinion about a piece.

But well, giving C+C is already a reward in itself to the one giving the C+C as it is good practice at improving stuff, so not only does it help the receiver but also the giver to improve their own skill, the skill at making stuff better starting from different levels of "bad". People give C+C, as jun already pointed out, on their own accord, for their own reasons and their own motivations, whenever it suits them and when they have time for it. Just as no one is entitled to get replies/critique, also no one is entitled to see their C+C put to use. That is always up to the receiver.

When giving C+C it is true that it feels much more satisfying to see it being understood and properly applied or at least seeing that an attempt is made to apply it rather than it just being completely ignored or deflected but again, if hoping for it to be used and applied is the only motivation behind giving C+C, then of course an apparant lack of receptiveness might feel demotivating and unsatisfying for the giving side.

But what the receiver of the C+C does with it is completely outside of the givers control, so imo, at least part of the motivation for giving C+C is "best" when it is "selfish" in nature, given by the giver as an exercise in thought about and application of the craft primarily for themselves to practice their own skill at finding issues with and improving a "bad" piece. That way, there is less disappointment if the receiver is unable to apply it for any reason, because the time spent working on giving C+C was/is not a complete waste, not purely a random act of help to only teach someone else but also to learn for oneself.

So... keep creating, take what you can from feedback, have fun, live and learn.

Offline zoekmath

• Zielach_
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 10:09:31 am
Thank you for this reply. You're right.
I hope I still have time to change.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 01:43:40 pm
Your sins are absolved. *waves magic churro*
Pixelation has a slow ebb and tide of activity.
You might get a flood of replies now and then none later.
The cycle is likely to repeat itself.
Just chill.
Grind on your pixels.
Interact with the community at your own pace.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1