AuthorTopic: Tiny Journal (WIP)  (Read 2016 times)

Offline mosquito

• View Profile

Tiny Journal (WIP)

on: July 30, 2016, 07:29:51 pm
Working on a small 2D topdown game. I haven't gotten much done in terms of game mechanics because I realized how many game assets are needed to make any progress behind the scenes. I plan to work more on game assets for the next few months, and would like some critique.

My first drafts here I'm not too sure about, and I think I might redesign with a thicker body or something soon.

Note, I'm very new to this, I've taken large inspiration from Legend of Wizard, Legend of Dungeon, and Sword & Sorcery. I'm going to do my best to take critique constructively rather than critically.

Offline mosquito

• View Profile

Re: Tiny Journal (WIP)

Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 07:37:55 pm
I've tried a newer draft of a walk cycle, really not liking the arms.

Offline danmanr98

• DanieruArt
    • http://desudanieru.tumblr.com/
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 07:53:07 pm
You may want to revise the walk-cylce because in it's current form, it feels like a limp?

Offline mosquito

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 08:10:05 pm
True, I've worked on the body anim, more like a walk now. Might keep the arms like this, since it is a walk not a run.

Offline Chadtech

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 06:53:13 pm
Cool, I think having the torso cycle twice for ever cycle of the legs adds a lot. But maybe you could add more horizontal motion to the torso and arms? Maybe even lower the amount of vertical motion. Right now it looks like his spine is compressing and expanding, rather than bending or swaying (this is especially so around the neck).