AuthorTopic: Sunset [WIP]  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Sunset [WIP]

on: October 03, 2006, 11:03:30 pm
Decided to try again at pixel art. Anyways, WIP, still a lot of cleaning up to do, working with the colours and so on. I'm not good at this sort of thing, it's the first for me, and I don't know about the colours or the blending of them.
Anyways:

And the reference:

Offline Frankiesmileshow

• blargh
    • View Profile
    • Frankie Smile Show

Re: Sunset [WIP]

Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 12:57:28 am
This is hard to comment on, since it is hard to make out what parts are under progress and what parts are done and ready to be commented upon: there are large plain areas everywhere... Try putting a more recent update?

I dont like the blur over the sun, but I cant make out wether it is part of the sun, or a reflection on a yet-undrawn cloud or something...
shlong

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 11:09:02 pm
Color me impressed. That is a beautiful sunset/sunrise. The water seems eerily calm, and you might need some darker water shades further away from the shoreline. Also, the sand in the forefront might need to be darker purple, seeing as you use a pure black tree in the very front. It's all about transitions. I look forward to seeing the finished product. Glad to hear you took a stab at Pixel Art again.  :y:

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 06:39:30 am
Dusty Por Viva? Any correlation?

Anyway,

I like the pic, it's a good start, really simple and somewhat clean.

Tips:

Do something with the palm tree, it stands out like a sore thumb, maybe a smaller palm tree to enhance the viewers perception of how long the beach is in this picture. Small itty bitty tree will make it seem longer.

Smooth out the rest of the scene by blending the colors, it's a good start :)
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama