AuthorTopic: Commercial Critique Suggestion Thread  (Read 73180 times)

Offline Mr.Modem

• My avatar is more outdated than yours...
    • View Profile

Re: Commercial Critique Suggestion Thread

Reply #50 on: October 05, 2006, 05:54:17 pm
if beast wins, could people please 'aquire' it for study purposes and just stroll around in the first forest? It's important to understand the art, to see how it functions in-game. A lot that seems 'broken' as far as pixel-art goes actually goes to very good use. There's wonderful parallax and music and stuff! The atmosphere can't be beat! Do yourselves a favour :)

Yep , you have to see it to understand why it became so popular when it was released. The parallax is awesome (maybe not by todays standards though). For those who doesn't have an Amiga and are to lazy to use an emulator you can get some movies of it running here: http://recordedamigagames.ath.cx/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=2
Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

Offline Androk

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: October 05, 2006, 11:19:01 pm
Chrono Trigger on SNES

I've got tons of screens too.

I gotta support this one. Some stuff done in terms of perspective play in that game chenged the way I percieve Overhead 2D games.

[Edit] Just noticed the screenshots have already been shown. But I still say it should get broken apart.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:25:28 pm by Androk »
She's not guarding right now, she's just holding a thing to pass along to her husband warrior and then go do the dishes and change the diapers on the snake-babies.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #52 on: October 06, 2006, 02:12:25 pm
My vote's for Chrono Trigger. ALthough took me the least amount of time to beat, was one of the most interesting games I've played. What was that robot's name? Xoon?
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #53 on: October 06, 2006, 03:41:07 pm
My vote's for Chrono Trigger. ALthough took me the least amount of time to beat, was one of the most interesting games I've played. What was that robot's name? Xoon?

Robo?

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Reply #54 on: October 06, 2006, 03:52:39 pm
His name is Gato and he has metal joints. Beat him up and win 15 silver points. Or something. (Assuming that's the robot you're talking about.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 04:09:13 pm by Monsoon2D »

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: October 07, 2006, 05:56:13 pm
I vote on the almighty Shadow Of The Beast! :crazy:

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #56 on: October 07, 2006, 06:08:52 pm
His name is Gato and he has metal joints. Beat him up and win 15 silver points. Or something. (Assuming that's the robot you're talking about.)
that was just the one at the fair, i think hes talking about Robo / R66-Y / R-66Y

My vote is for shadow of the beast

as far as CT, we all know it rocks, but its one of those games that is always mentioned, along with SD3.  nice game, but id like to look at something different
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Reply #57 on: October 15, 2006, 07:00:47 pm
I change my vote to Tyrian.

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #58 on: October 20, 2006, 08:25:26 pm
I vote Dodonpachi. I've never played it but the one screenshot I just saw looks awsomer than.....ALMOST anygame I've seen that uses Pixels. Some one should vote for Civilization 1  :P Umm I would insert a ScreenShot right now....but I don't know how to. -_-"
Japan + Canada = Japanada

Offline Keops

• RibsChirino
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/189965.htm
    • View Profile
    • Behance portfolio

Reply #59 on: October 28, 2006, 01:21:52 pm
That Shadow of the Beast looks... Well, some of the screens look like crap, too little contrast for such interesting organic designs. I think I'll vote for Shadow of the Beast. I've never played Amiga games in my life and I've seen some great pixel graphics there. This game should prove interesting to take a look at for someone like me (and I guess I'm not the only one who grew playing NES and few old PC games, so Amiga is new uncharted territory).

DoDonPachi is awesome, I would have voted for that one but that Shadow... Well, it's screaming "re-make me!!"

See ya.
Hearthstead: Art thread - Website - Twitter

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Behance portfolio