AuthorTopic: Dark Souls - Master System Edition  (Read 2654 times)

Offline DerZocker

• View Profile
    • my dA

Dark Souls - Master System Edition

on: July 21, 2016, 10:38:00 pm
I started to create some DS mugshots with the SMS palette.
So far I got
Solaire
Sieglinde
Lautrec
Patches
Siegmeyer
Andre
Siegward
Giantdad
and Oscar

Oscar and Lautrec are still unfinished, and I think Solaire's "eyes" could still need a bit work too.
I also noticed that I should have stretched the pics a bit vertically, considering how the it would get squashed on a real tv.
Anway, any other ideas improvement or requests which NPC I should do next?

Offline Curly

• View Profile

Re: Dark Souls - Master System Edition

Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:20:27 am
Good job so far! but I feel Andre doesn't look as good as the others, specially compared to Patches, that is the only one without helmet. It looks more messy and the black lines around and in the face make it look... smaller? The eyes and moustache remind me of Dr. Eggman :P
Here's my version I made for fun (until I tried shading his beard. That isn't fun, so it's incomplete). I redid everything completely but it may help you see what I mean?

Offline DerZocker

• View Profile
    • my dA

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 01:06:30 am
thanks for the feedback. But the outlines are also kinda a style decision. But yeah, they could may be a bit cleaner on him, but that's mostly for fine tuning. Anyway I made some more progress. Some came out better, some look still kinda awful, and I think I should restart Gwyndolin entirely. I also was almost done with Sif, but my laptop thought it was funny to shut itself down, when I wasn't looking for a moment. Of course before I saved my last progress. But well, Windows... :blind:
Greirat and the Crestfallen Merchant (the two on the far right) also still need lots of work. With most of the others though, I'm rather content so far.

Offline DerZocker

• View Profile
    • my dA

Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 02:34:44 pm
and another small update