AuthorTopic: Robot walk cycle  (Read 3197 times)

Offline yyboyyy96

• View Profile

Robot walk cycle

on: August 24, 2016, 03:46:44 pm
Hey all,

for my game I'm trying to make a vague looking robot. I got exactly what I wanted, the only problem is I cant seem to animate his legs.

I have tried so many different kinds of ways to animate it however it always ends up horrible looking...

I'm trying to make it walk slow and heavy its head and arms arent supposed to move which made things easier to animate but still I end up with a robot that doesnt walk slow and heavy but rather fast like running. I've tried so many things yet still not the walk I want.

could someone help me animate this robot?

* I want it to walk slow and heavy
* only his legs are supposed to be animated
* it doesnt matter how much frames it gets as long as it is smooth
* no shading needed

Many thanks!

Offline spO_oks

• View Profile

Re: Robot walk cycle

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 07:09:51 pm
This very much sounds like a request for someone to do this for you.  Try posting your attempts at animations and we can provide feedback on how they can be improved.

Offline Skaz

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:24:32 pm
Show your attempts, otherwise I second the previous comment, you are basically asking for someone to do it for you, and I can't see how it could help you improve. Don't be shy, show us!

Offline yyboyyy96

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 05:21:06 pm
here it is I hope you guys could help me out with it!

Offline yyboyyy96

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 11:33:48 am
anyone? :(

Offline Skaz

• View Profile
    • My DeviantArt

Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 07:07:38 pm
What you posted is the sprite sheet, I had to do the animated version myself to see it moving. Post animated gif of your animations if you want feedbacks.

So, here is what it looks like:

To begin with, look for references, search for "walk cycles" and you'll get plenty of stuff to draw inspiration from. Like this for example:

We can't do it for you, from what I see you have to start studying animation principles, there is a lot of videos covering the subject on youtube. And maybe drawing, too, pixel art is not an easy way to make nice art when you can't draw.

So practice, if it's you first attempt, know there is a long way before you can do decent stuff, don't get discouraged. Don't try to make clean animations from the get go, animated some rough skeletons to understand the dynamic, then refine it to what you look for. Find resources, make some attempts and show us the result, it'll be easier to give you specific advices.

Keep up!